This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All rolling road remap people?

For all the people who originally got their car remapped at a tuners garage stage 1 or stage 2 (before hand held devices) what did you do when you wanted to move to stage 3?
    I thought I would have a cost free way to stage 3 (buy a map and a free upgrade later would be provided when required etc {plus cost of rolling road if required?} but it may prove more difficult than I first thought.
    I spoke to my tuner (well one of his representatives) and was under the impression that it was no problem in October (ordered an intercooler and lsd on this assumption [see group buys]) now I havent been able to speak to the main person yet but im getting a strong indication that its going to cost me again for the map (I may be wrong) but time will tell.

So what did the rest of you do when you wanted to move up a stage?
    STEALTH

Originally posted by Dvader View Post
    For all the people who originally got their car remapped at a tuners garage stage 1 or stage 2 (before hand held devices) what did you do when you wanted to move to stage 3?
    I thought I would have a cost free way to stage 3 (buy a map and a free upgrade later would be provided when required etc {plus cost of rolling road if required?} but it may prove more difficult than I first thought.
    I spoke to my tuner (well one of his representatives) and was under the impression that it was no problem in October (ordered an intercooler and lsd on this assumption [see group buys]) now I havent been able to speak to the main person yet but im getting a strong indication that its going to cost me again for the map (I may be wrong) but time will tell.

So what did the rest of you do when you wanted to move up a stage?
    Could be to do with you not buying the cooler that goes with there map im not sure i get the impression thats going to be the case as why should they provide a map to run with someone elses cooler if you know what i mean?

Comment

its tms should be a free upgrade but its a kind grey area when you buy your own hardware
      WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Comment

I knew it would be a grey area, hense why I phoned to check in October. Perhaps things have changed since then?
        STEALTH

Comment

well some companys offer it and some dont! what company are you with and have you actually been told you will have to pay?

sigpic

Comment

I knew it would be a grey area, hense why I phoned to check in October. Perhaps things have changed since then?
            Your better to phone them again and await a response as posting it up on here aint going to help as John is in the sinbin so he cant comment.

So did you say you dont have a bluefin?

Comment

ahh the sig!!!! well heres what their site says

"once you have bought one upgrade from us then all subsequent power upgrades are available from us free of charge."

sigpic

Comment

I wonder how the inclusion of other 3rd party "hardware" effects the TMS warranty you had ?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by R15VXR View Post
                  I wonder how the inclusion of other 3rd party "hardware" effects the TMS warranty you had ?

id say (and fairly so) the warrenty would be gone!

sigpic

Comment

Tms did my stage 2 when I got my car (before bluefin) and as I stated earlier it has only been suggested that there may be an additional cost. (could be £50 or cost of a bluefin unit, I really dont know yet).
                    I have to phone tomorrow to speak to John whereby I will know one way or the other.

I was only interested in what others have done in the same situation?
                    STEALTH

Comment

Originally posted by R15VXR View Post
                      Well we will have to just wonder and leave it at that for a while yet won't we
                      sigpic

Comment

In theory you shouldn't have to pay any more, if you walked into TMS (for example) tomorrow and bought a stage 1 map it would cost the same as if you had asked for a stage 3 map.

That being said, I don't think it is unreasonable to charge a labour charge as it takes time and work space to do the job.

Comment

Tms did my stage 2 when I got my car (before bluefin) and as I stated earlier it has only been suggested that there may be an additional cost. (could be £50 or cost of a bluefin unit, I really dont know yet).
                          I have to phone tomorrow to speak to John whereby I will know one way or the other.

I was only interested in what others have done in the same situation?

50 quids hardly taking the piss though is it?

sigpic

Comment

I dont have a bluefin unit, my car was remap'd at TMS headquarters and RR'd way before bluefin came out. Im one of the original first stage 2 cars!
                            STEALTH

Comment

Originally posted by randomgary View Post
                              ahh the sig!!!! well heres what their site says

"once you have bought one upgrade from us then all subsequent power upgrades are available from us free of charge."
                              I'm reading that as you buy a software map and then you are entitled to a free stage 4....
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X