This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoother TMS stage 2??

Hi I have has my stage 2 on my car a little while now and i'm finding in this weather it's totaly useless and very difficult to ease boost on when on track which is annoying. When the roads are wet even light throttle will spin the fronts as it aproaches 3k in 3rd, I know the tyres I'm using arnt much use in the wet (parada spec 2) but I'm after something with mabey a little less mental throttle map? Is this posible as at the moment it seems to be min to max in the first inch of travel and I can see why it's like this as it gives the illusion of omg wtf soooooo fast as you touch the pedal but for people who want more control over the throttle it's not so good. Anyway I have heard people talking of agressive maps do they do a progressive map obviously with the same power just with a less sensitive pedal? Thanks

Originally posted by MikeyG View Post
    Hi I have has my stage 2 on my car a little while now and i'm finding in this weather it's totaly useless and very difficult to ease boost on when on track which is annoying. When the roads are wet even light throttle will spin the fronts as it aproaches 3k in 3rd, I know the tyres I'm using arnt much use in the wet (parada spec 2) but I'm after something with mabey a little less mental throttle map? Is this posible as at the moment it seems to be min to max in the first inch of travel and I can see why it's like this as it gives the illusion of omg wtf soooooo fast as you touch the pedal but for people who want more control over the throttle it's not so good. Anyway I have heard people talking of agressive maps do they do a progressive map obviously with the same power just with a less sensitive pedal? Thanks
    I would be intrested to know this aswell, the thorttle is too sensative for me, find it alot easier with the sport button off

Comment

I find the stage 2 TMS map I've got to be better than the standard map, it's just about learning to balance the throttle.

Those tyres in the wet won't be helping you either.
      I have a difference of opinion to you.

Comment

oh yeah deffo better than the standard map but just sometimes hard to balance it like you say

Comment

Yeah I can understand balancing the throttle but the map is overly sharp which makes it more dificult for no real reason, as I said earlier the sensitivity is great for makeing a car feel faster than it is as it will react much more for a lesser input, but when the car is used on track this just becomes annoying. You can balance the throttle much more easily and smoothly with a less sensitive throttle you still have the same power just have to flex you ankle a bit more to get it.

Ya not wrong about the tyres they are shocking in the wet!!! (brilliant in the dry tho)

Comment

It can be driven if you practice, i must admit though after a while its quite easy, you adjust quite well if you give it some tiime

Comment

My missus had those tyres on her GSi, like you say superb in the dry but in the wet

I haven't driven mine on track since I had stage 2 done but I suppose that will be the real test.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyG View Post
                There is a range of maps all with different characteristics to the pedal travel.
                Best to just ring TMS up and discuss with them directly
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ojc View Post
                  I find the stage 2 TMS map I've got to be better than the standard map, it's just about learning to balance the throttle.

Those tyres in the wet won't be helping you either.
                  Exactly, Learn to drive lol.

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
                  www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

courts.com/hehe!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spool View Post
                      courts.com/hehe!!

Comment

I have tried the learning to drive route, came to the conlusion that the agressive map is only there to make the car feel faster as there is absolutly no reason to sharpen the throttle that much. Keeps the kids happy tho

Insignia vxr im going to call them monday, I didnt want to ring them up and ask for something they dont do but you cleared that up thanks

Oh how many of you guys have actualy been on track?

Comment

i have used this map for about 6 months and find that if you use your car with the sport button on all the time when driving you can get use to the map
                          sigpic
                          ASTRA nurburgring mods; itg panel filter, white samco hoses, cruise control, remus

Comment

Originally posted by Ojc View Post

hey im not tuned by anyone, but i have driven both companies s2 maps. thats all im saying.

my advice would be also to ring tms and ask them to look at it. after all john has declared that he does indeed write and modify maps in house now, so there is no reason why he couldnt adjust and readjust to your liking....

Comment

If you think the astra is bad, the bus is even worse, lol. With the extra weight, obviously I have to push it a little harder than the astra, wheel spin all through and up to fourth sometimes, mainly up to third. well, only had the stage 2 agg map for a few days, as said, takes some practice, lol.
                              Zaffy VXR| RARB | Vxracing 19s in Gloss Black |Stage 3丨Turboback Miltek 丨TX Intercooler丨CDTI set-up with Pipercross Open Cone丨Forge Recric Valve 丨 Debaged 丨Corsa Indicator Surroundings |Full Rear Sunblinds | Leds Footwell Lightings丨

Comment

Working...
                              X