This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• afl light misting

hi iv got afl headlights an over the past few days with the heavy rain iv notices that they mist up along the bottom edge.but does seam to clear the following morning does'nt seam to leave any water is this normal ? the rears do the same every now an then.
    sigpic
    courts stage 3 297bhp 343ft/lbs

vxr gone onwards an upwards

Originally posted by jim610 View Post
    hi iv got afl headlights an over the past few days with the heavy rain iv notices that they mist up along the bottom edge.but does seam to clear the following morning does'nt seam to leave any water is this normal ? the rears do the same every now an then.

quite normal,vaux say if it clears with in about 20 mins it's fine,it's a pile of ****** with the extra they charge you for them

Comment

o right never had this with any of my other vauxhalls really annoying looks crap do the standard lights do it as well?.
      sigpic

Comment

seems a common problem accross the whole range,and i think the standard ones do it aswell

Comment

All Vauxhall lights do it

Comment

no point going down the garage then thank for the help.
            sigpic

Comment

Take the rubber caps off put a little bit of grease or vasiline around them as that creates a seal and expells the water.

Its normally because the drain holes in the light are so close to the seam between the bumper and light and the water gets in through the drain hole and steams up.

Comment

vaux lights are worst ever....remember to get them changed on warranty before 18k miles if they have water in them.
                sigpic v6 and loving it

Comment

Originally posted by davyw45 View Post
                  vaux lights are worst ever....remember to get them changed on warranty before 18k miles if they have water in them.
                  See if they get bad, when you go into the garage they tape paper over the light covering it and turn the lights on and leave the car running for 20 and the heat build up in the light dries it out as the heat gets trapped because the light is covered. Can go wrong ive seen lights with scortch marks like someone has taken a lighter to them...

Comment

Its happened to my lights all week

Comment

i had bit off condensation in my front afl hella the other night didnt bother me as they dissapered after bit off driving
                      Arden Racing Edition

Comment

Working...
                      X