This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil cooler

Anyone fitted one yet wonder if it's worthwhie doing, Maybe good when going for 300 brake
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

yes,today.lol
    sigpic

Comment

Thought you were getting an Evo, you change your mind more times than a woman!

Comment

Do regal do one for astra ? I've found one from Germany how do you find it . Love evo but insurance is 2k

Comment

do they not have a small one as standard? my old redtop did.
          sigpic
          courts stage 3 297bhp 343ft/lbs

vxr gone onwards an upwards

Comment

best mod i done on my car. keeps the oil temp under 80c and thjats when im giving me car some bitting

Comment

Originally posted by regalvxr View Post
              Do regal do one for astra ? I've found one from Germany how do you find it . Love evo but insurance is 2k

lets just say,i see an astra on a ramp today,and there was a oil cooler on the bench.
              sigpic

Comment

I like the sound of this!

Comment

look at this post.
                  So, Mike's Corsa has been with us the past couple of days...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wayne/vxr View Post
                    lets just say,i see an astra on a ramp today,and there was a oil cooler on the bench.

Keeno come on

Comment

Yes, well ive got the cooler -8 lines and goodrich fittings but havent got round to fitting it.

Its not needed on the road, it will cause more harm than good as you wont see sustained high oil temps.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Luke.H View Post
                        Yes, well ive got the cooler -8 lines and goodrich fittings but havent got round to fitting it.

Its not needed on the road, it will cause more harm than good as you wont see sustained high oil temps.

we all track our cars mate.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wayne/vxr View Post
                          we all track our cars mate.
                          I dont think regalvxr does, nor 90% of the poeple on here, it simply aint needed on the road the oe oil cooler does an ample job.

Just dont want people thinking oh i must have 1 when the reality is on the road it will run cold which you know isnt what you want. Oil is supposed to be around 90-100 degrees to work properly depending on what viscosity you have in it.

Mine will be blanked with tape 90% of the time unless i see temps of 110 or more for a sustained period where you then let the core cool the oil.
                          Of course you can have a thermostat on the system but i bet it wont open often.

We have to bank half the oil cooler even on the touring cars when its a cooler day to keep the temps up...
                          sigpic

Comment

We have to bank half the oil cooler even on the touring cars when its a cooler day to keep the temps up...
                            There's a perspective

Astra

Comment

I dont think regalvxr does, nor 90% of the poeple on here, it simply aint needed on the road the oe oil cooler does an ample job.

Just dont want people thinking oh i must have 1 when the reality is on the road it will run cold which you know isnt what you want. Oil is supposed to be around 90-100 degrees to work properly depending on what viscosity you have in it.

Mine will be blanked with tape 90% of the time unless i see temps of 110 or more for a sustained period where you then let the core cool the oil.
                              Of course you can have a thermostat on the system but i bet it wont open often.

Excellent info.
                              tuner talk: "Just get out and drive the damn things !!!"
                              The truth is out there ...

Comment

Working...
                              X