X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progress Report

Easy people
    After the long wait the car is finally looing better.
    stripped the car today would not belive the weight off the floor linning and sound proofing
    Engine comes back this wednesday
    Car booked in for the rollcage dec 1st
    car painted in candy apple red ready before dec 1st
    need to buy a lsd and fit it
    exhaust and manifold booked for january
    turbo bought
    fuel pump bought
    injectors bought

Now this i am really excited about seeing. Candy Apple Red although quite an old colour now is still my fave and dons alot of great cars and ive always envisioned a vxr in this colour. What have you gone for under the dye , maybe an ice pearl or something and how many layers of candy have you gone for? who is spraying it for you?
    HeavenlyDetail
    Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmarc View Post
      Now this i am really excited about seeing. Candy Apple Red although quite an old colour now is still my fave and dons alot of great cars and ive always envisioned a vxr in this colour. What have you gone for under the dye , maybe an ice pearl or something and how many layers of candy have you gone for? who is spraying it for you?

Easy tiger

Comment

Just a little excited about this project
        HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmarc View Post
          it is a silver base coat then then been told my paint suplier to put 3 to 4 coats on but spray a tin can 1st to see the what the colour will be like. The car is an 05 plate and the paint has faded all ready and i tried red polish but still no joy

Comment

quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Nixon-VXR-400BHP View Post
              it is a silver base coat then then been told my paint suplier to put 3 to 4 coats on but spray a tin can 1st to see the what the colour will be like. The car is an 05 plate and the paint has faded all ready and i tried red polish but still no joy
              cool , the car below had about 10 layers over a ice pearl with gold and the finish although old now is stunning i think , the second photo shows the gold whn the sun hits it. Yours will be a slighly lighter shade i think as each layer of candy darkens it slighly , think toffee apple.

Candy over chrome is worth looking into and gives a fantastic finish.

Now imagine a vxr with this kinda colour , will look awesome i think......good choice.
              HeavenlyDetail

Comment

On one of the fast and furious special editions there was a feature about doing up an EVO which they painted in Candy Apple Red. My god what a colour, it is a beautiful thing.

Comment

This may be a daft question but here goes..............does the old paint have to be stripped off completely or do they sometimes spray over the original?
                  Son of the Clyde a roaming went
                  Sinned aplenty, much to repent
                  loved and lost, gave and took
                  Way too lazy to write a book.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Red Rooster View Post
                    This may be a daft question but here goes..............does the old paint have to be stripped off completely or do they sometimes spray over the original?
                    removed m8
                    black Astra VXR 08 plate 1500miles may 09
                    19" wheels, limo tints,10k HID main/ 6k dipped, 15led sidelights, full CCS retrim, insignia washer jets,cool running thermostat , intercoolers with larger powerpipe and tophat, percys airbox+ oil restrictor, scorpion full 3 inch turbo back exhaust and iridiums READY FOR STAGE 3 FIRST MAP EVER!

Comment

Originally posted by Red Rooster View Post
                      It all depends on...

a. How good the original paint is, and...

b. How good you want your new paintwork to be.

The best (and most expensive) option is back to the metal (known as a 'bare metal respray') but with care and the right products a very good paint job can still be achieved without the need to go to the bare metal.
                      Sold - Arden Blue Astra VXR on 19's
                      Ordered - Pure White Golf GTI on 18's (couldn't stomach paying for 19" tyres any more!)

Comment

Easy people
                        After the long wait the car is finally looing better.
                        stripped the car today would not belive the weight off the floor linning and sound proofing
                        Engine comes back this wednesday
                        Car booked in for the rollcage dec 1st
                        car painted in candy apple red ready before dec 1st
                        need to buy a lsd and fit it
                        exhaust and manifold booked for january
                        turbo bought
                        fuel pump bought
                        injectors bought

what turbo you gone for, aswel as roll cage?

what power you looking at getting out the engine an is it on standard managment?
                        my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

Originally posted by sandyVXR View Post
                          what turbo you gone for, aswel as roll cage?

what power you looking at getting out the engine an is it on standard managment?
                          I have gone for a gt3076rs ported inlet and larger back housing put on. yes having a roll cage init as the car is off on track days and the ring in germany. i am on standard management at min. Trying to source an after market management but rung a couple of places just waiting for them to get back to me. I am aiming for the 500bhp mark and over the head has been ported went on a flow bed yesturday and it is looking promising i have pics off the engine and the work carried out but i dont know how to upload the pics.

Comment

I have gone for a gt3076rs ported inlet and larger back housing put on. yes having a roll cage init as the car is off on track days and the ring in germany. i am on standard management at min. Trying to source an after market management but rung a couple of places just waiting for them to get back to me. I am aiming for the 500bhp mark and over the head has been ported went on a flow bed yesturday and it is looking promising i have pics off the engine and the work carried out but i dont know how to upload the pics.

500bhp in a FWD car

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                              500bhp in a FWD car
                              ye man

Comment

Working...
                              X