X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new user/some minor troubles

Hi folks,
    just joined the site. firstly i'd just like to congratulate the authors & users of the site it's very helpfull & bagged with tips on the VXR.
    Unfortunately tho i'm joining with a negative comment about my VXR! Judging by the postings people are still having trouble getting their cars on time! i ordered my VXR in April 14th 05 last year right when the first order banks opened & believe it or not i only got it on December the 21st 05. it was torture waiting . Vauxhall put my delivery date back 6 times then eventually they came clean & admitted to me of a problem they were having with the suppliers of the side skirts (Poor quality & fitting). as compo they gave me free climate & free cruise + a VXR jacket. i was happy at the time but unfortunately now, my new car now 4months old has the side skirts coming off. so much for the improved quality being the reason for delays? they need to go back to the drawing board again. my old car previous was a astra (G) GSi (Fab car too) i had some problems with the lamp lenses steaming up! & SADLY My VXR has exactly the same problem & what's really concerning me is i have the Xenons fitted & they are not cheap! i'm loathed to have the lights changed as i know they can't fix this & any new light will do the same? each time you get new lights it's off with the bumpers! not a nice thought on your new prize possesion!!!!!! ANYWAY sorry to be a bit of the GRIMMM REEPPER!!!! about my VXR just not what i expected after my initial delay.
    NO MORE COMPLAINING!!! apart from these niggles the car is superb & i'd buy again if i had to start from scratch again
    HAPPY VXR-ing PS; it loves the windy kintyre roads too! especially with the traction control switched off (HOLD IN THE SPORT BUTTON FOR 5 SECONDS JUST INCASE ANYONE DIDN'T KNOW? I JUST FOUND THIS OUT LAST WEEK) got to watch tho my BRO INLAW is a TRAFFIC COP & he always on the move.

eeerr what happens when you hold thesport button for 5 secs???

Comment

If you hold the sports button on for approx 5 seconds it will switch off the ESP, it will flash ESP off in the mileage display panel & flash up the little slippery road sign in the rev counter. give it a try it's crazy. but please be carefull!! as you will wheel spin like mad.

Comment

yep, kintyre, my dealer said exactly the same, problems with the side skirts, must be in there book of excuses!!!
        johnny
        Arden Astra j , nav 600, afl, full leather, aero pack, power fold mirrors, infinity sound system.

Comment

I think the side skirt issue was genuine problem, I heard VXL changed supplier to counter this one head on.

Comment

I hope so, pick mine up next sat, ready for thorneys day.
            johnny
            Arden Astra j , nav 600, afl, full leather, aero pack, power fold mirrors, infinity sound system.

Comment

MMN, hopefully my sideskirts issue is going to be a one off?? my car has got the new type sidesills & the drivers side is falling off!
              But hay it's nothing a bit of glue won't correct!!!! its going i next week to get fixed. Oh & the headlamps & taillamps are going for a blow dry too the DAMND things are still steaming up!! SOOOOOO NOT GOOD FOR THE VXR IMAGE!!
              Good luck with your new car you'll love it!!!!!!!! :P

Comment

Enjoyed the test drive, 150 down the local bypass with the rep, he being only 18
                johnny

Comment

Working...
                X