X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She Has Arrived!!!!!

Hello everyone
    I picked up my VXR on Friday, wow it is everything i expected and more!!
    I have done 500 miles so far, been up and down Porlock Hill, accross the Moors and done some motorway driving too!
    Cannot believe what a beast it is, nor can i believe how much fuel she guzzles!!!!! But thats Life!!!
    I must say i have not found any faults, the seat position that has been mentioned seems fine to me, even my 6ft 4 other half doesnt have a problem with it.
    The car is red with 18's and full leather and heated seats.
    The only thing that i took a few days to get used to was the position of the rear view mirror, it just seems in your face a bit but thats just because of the size of the windscreen and possibly the fact i had my seat touching the roof on the way home, as obviously i was not interested in the seat, i was more interested in getting on the motorway!!
    I can confirm also that my 06 VXR has got chrome trim under the windows and it looks great!
    Can anyone tell me if there is a fitting kit for a dump valve and what it consists of?? I understand what type of dump valve this car needs.
    Has anyone had any trrouble with their dump valve at all?? Any info would be gratefully received on this.
    Lastly, who has the Arden VXR in Bristol that i kept seeing before i had mine?????!!!!!
    Speak soon
    xx

congrats on the car mate
    very good chance you have been seeing Ian (IanVXR) who is from Bristol
    but is a member of www.astra-sri.co.uk

Comment

Congrats on the car mate. Can we see some pics of the chrome?

Comment

Hi Brooke.
        Yes that may well have been me you have been seeing. I'm in Bradley Stoke but I have also seen another blue VXR but with 19s. I think they live fairly close to me but have yet to find them!
        Give me a flash if you seen me! I've yet to see any other VXRs in Bristol except that other blue one!
        Ian

Comment

HI GUYS,
          TONY HERE SOON TO BE ANOTHER ASTRA VXR IN BRISTOL LIVE IN FILTON NEAR BRADLEY STOKE .MINE DUE IN ABOUT 2 WKS.IF ANY PICS YOU GUYS CAN PUT UP OF THE 06 PLATE WITH THE CHROME STRIP WOULD BE NICE.MINE BLUE WITH 19 INCH WHEELS.LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU GUYS AROUND.

Comment

Originally posted by mad for it vxr
            HI GUYS,
            TONY HERE SOON TO BE ANOTHER ASTRA VXR IN BRISTOL LIVE IN FILTON NEAR BRADLEY STOKE .MINE DUE IN ABOUT 2 WKS.IF ANY PICS YOU GUYS CAN PUT UP OF THE 06 PLATE WITH THE CHROME STRIP WOULD BE NICE.MINE BLUE WITH 19 INCH WHEELS.LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU GUYS AROUND.
            Hi Tony.
            Looks like I'm gonna have to get used to not having the only VXR in Bristol now then! I've seen another one in Bradley Stoke as mentioned above, it's weird seeing them on the road now!
            I've had mine since 23rd Dec BTW.
            Again give me a flash if you see me about!

Comment

hi ian look forward to seeing you around,sorry mate 2-3 of us around now,just think at least we stand out in the crowd and boy is it a big crowd so i dont think we have any problem of being to common on the streets of bristol as all i have seen is one silver vxr which is around the horfield/mid gloucester rd area,although again not seen this one lately.not even seen yours and i am in and around bradley stoke as i have family and friends out there.what spec have you on yours were you one of the lucky ones to get folding door mirrors if so how did you get them.im not going to moan though as i got mine from gloucester for 16,950 factory order,how about you did you get a good deal.

Comment

I have Arden Blue with 18s, AFL, Cruise and Climate.
                I didn't get the folding mirrors but those that did just went through their dealers and requested it. Some dealers took a bit of convicing though! They should be able to send the change request through to the factory.
                I got mine with the paint, climate and 19s free, i.e. dealer discount as part of my part ex. However, they was a delay with the car back last year and we got given cruise and climate free of charge. I then decided to remove the 19s and stick with the 18s and get AFL instead.
                Since ordering mine though back in June last year, many people have got good deals like that. Depends where you go though, some dealers weren't interested in discounts - they didn't get the sales!

Comment

thanks ian look forward to seeing you around,not worried about the folding door mirrors dont take much to do when req.forgot to say seen a black astra vxr at gipsy patch lane yesterday by the stokers pub 55 plate i think.much prefer blue though,but everyone to their own taste.

Comment

Hi
                    I am also going to be ordering a new VXR in blue c/w 19's within the next couple of months, so that will be another VXR in Bradley Stoke, Bristol!!, will keep a look out for you all, once I have mine!, Just need to sell my current Astra Sri, so I can put down a deposit on the VXR.
                    The black VXR you have spotted recently is the one they had for sale at Drive Vauxhall Patchway, until a couple of weeks ago! :wink:
                    Cheers
                    Arden Astra VXR 888 Stage 3

My Astra VXR was for sale but now SOLD !

Comment

Ah yes, i sat in that black one at Patchway before i bought mine!
                      I cant believe how many of us there are in Bristol, we should arrange to meet up somewhere!
                      I will post up some pics with the chrome as soon as i get a chance.

Comment

I'm another one from Bristol. Emersons Green to be exact. Still havent seen one (apart from the ones I've driven) on the road.

Comment

i there the dump valve fitting kit will be out in about two weeks from Courtenay got one on order you can get just the single pip with dump valve tack off or the complet kit including alloy inter pip with the map censor slot , induction and boost pips in red blue or black £200. by the way mk4 2.0 turbo pipes or fitting kit will not fit vrx much bigger pip work

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Ahh Emersons, thats where i am too!!!
                            HOw funny!

Comment

Have to keep a look out for you! Mines red with a S** VXR plate (put on today). Chances are you will see my wife in it more than me as I work from home. Or even in the Mill House car park from time to time (if my wife doesn't fancy a beer).

Comment

Working...
                              X