This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vxr dump valve

I proudly own a vxr in red and i want to get the a dump valve fitted to give me the whoosh noise does anyone already have this done or do they know where i can get this done I live in Northamptonshire but I dont mind having to drive somwhere to get this done.
    any help would be appreciated
    John

go the full milltek, the sound alone beats any dump valve plus increases power up to 15bhp

Comment

ive got dump valve on my vxr fitted my self , valve was £110 delivered from LMF the hoes was £60 delivered from courtenay. Its not that loud to be honest as the car as recirculation valve in turbo but it dose its job, may be louder when its been remapped we will see.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Is it loud enough for people to turn round in the street and look

Comment

not sure would have to say no will have to get the wife to drive past me, will let u now when i can get car out had drive brick weaved builder dun one carnt get car out .

Comment

I have a dump valve and hose kit on order from courtnay but i have heard since from demon tweeks that there are problems with dump valves on the astra engines and will not fit any more as they have had to remove all bar one that they have fitted.

Has anyone experienced this?

Comment

We did some testing on dump valves and came to the conclusion they did nothing more than make a noise (nice to some, vile to others) and if fitted incorrectly actually robbed power. On the dyno testing (i'll post the chart when I get a sec) they added about 1 bhp in the midrange then took away 5bhp at the top end.

We won't fit them, spend the £100 on beer and a night out, you'll enjoy it more

Comment

Originally posted by MadJon
                I have a dump valve and hose kit on order from courtnay but i have heard since from demon tweeks that there are problems with dump valves on the astra engines and will not fit any more as they have had to remove all bar one that they have fitted.

Has anyone experienced this?
                The problem is not the valve but the way they are fitted, we are constantly reworking the incorrect installation on customers cars. Its just a matter of understanding the Vauxhall system and why it needs special care when fitting. To help we have compiled a fitting guide on our site to help people fit them correctly.

Click below for Instruction link:

http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/default.htm?page=119
                sigpic
                29 Years as Vauxhall Tuners

Comment

Thanks A11VXL much appreciated.

One question though. In info it says the following : "The cure is to give the aftermarket dump valve its signal from a true non interrupted vacuum source". I have ordered a hose kit with thetwin piston dump valve and the hose (below) for the valve. will i still get this issue? or should it be ok?

Sorry bit of a n00b when it comes to turbos\pressures\valves.

Comment

You will be fine with what you have, its the vacum pipe from the top of the dump valve that needs to go around to the fuel pressure regulator. We will put a picture up later (of the regulator) on our fitting guide, to help you find its location.

Jon
                    sigpic
                    29 Years as Vauxhall Tuners

Comment

Thanks Jon much appreciated. I called yesterday and hopefully it should arrive Friday\Monday.

Comment

get one like this this is the one i have its a bit louder
                        http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bailey-Venturi...em170041454675

its the vac trigger pipe that as to be correct just take it from the fuel pressure regulator and all will be well

Comment

vxrdave when i went to tweeks they advised that a TurboSmart Type Megasonic would be loud enough. They brought it out and its massive.

http://www.eagleday.com/blowoffvalves.html

Does anyone have any pics of their fitted dump valve?

Comment

H M G thats the biz will as this it may not be as loud as you may think because of the std one that must stay in place.

Comment

When you say the standard one is that the twin piston one from courtnay or one thats already on the car?

Comment

Working...
                              X