This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rev problem

Hi Ya, Just picked up my Arden Blue vxr , and after having a 1.9 cdti 150 bhp which i must say was a fantastic car, the vxr is just a pleasure to be in. but i noticed a small problem with the Rev's, have taken it back to the dealer and they say its normal and that they are all like it, but im not convinced. it hangs on to the revs for to long after you have taken your foot of the gas and dipped the clutch, in between gear changes, and when you are creeping in second as i was on the M1 the other day the Revs even rose slightly, Has any one got the same problem or is it somthing i will have to put up with.?

I've neither experienced this...or heard of anyone else doing so - take it back!
    If enough forum members say likewise, you'll have plenty evidence to get arsy about it!!

Comment

Where did you purchase the car from. Can I suggest that you take it to Tony LeVoi in lakeside. They have a demo Astra and you could do a comparison of the 2. If you find there is a difference talk to them and I am sure they will do the work for you.

Comment

Had my Vxr since 31st January never had this problem, get them to check it , the only problem I have had which I got sorted last week was the car had the wrong size discs on the rear from the manufacturer.
        J

Comment

Sorry how the devil did you get the wrong size rear disks? and where the wrong ones vent'ed?

Comment

I just took it to the dealership because the brakes were making a noise and they told me that my discs were smaller on the rear so they ordered the correct ones and fitted them, I aint too upset though small problem for an awesome car and I got new breaks after doing 4k

Comment

Are your new ones vent'ed.

Comment

Originally posted by jpg
                Had my Vxr since 31st January never had this problem, get them to check it , the only problem I have had which I got sorted last week was the car had the wrong size discs on the rear from the manufacturer.
                J
                Just checked my vxr, no vented discs on the back as it states in the spec, looks like another trip back to the dealer. ugh !!

Comment

Re: rev problem

Originally posted by notrevo
                  Hi Ya, Just picked up my Arden Blue vxr , and after having a 1.9 cdti 150 bhp which i must say was a fantastic car, the vxr is just a pleasure to be in. but i noticed a small problem with the Rev's, have taken it back to the dealer and they say its normal and that they are all like it, but im not convinced. it hangs on to the revs for to long after you have taken your foot of the gas and dipped the clutch, in between gear changes, and when you are creeping in second as i was on the M1 the other day the Revs even rose slightly, Has any one got the same problem or is it somthing i will have to put up with.?
                  Sounds like you have a potentiometer problem, this controls the throttle and is in the ECU it needs to be checked, not heard of it before !!!

Comment

Originally posted by notrevo
                    Originally posted by jpg
                    J
                    Just checked my vxr, no vented discs on the back as it states in the spec, looks like another trip back to the dealer. ugh !!
                    No VXR has got the vented discs, they were removed to reduce cost months before the car was released, if you want vented you have to visit a vxr tuner.

Comment

Sorry got of topic a little and yes a few changes where made to the Astra spec on brakes etc.

Comment

When we say vented do we mean discs that has holes around the perimeter edge?
                        If that is what is being referred to then I can confirm that our Astra has them front and rear.
                        They are not cross drilled though, which I don't mind as I have always found cross drilled brakes to be very noisey.

Comment

I understood the POT was more or less located on the accelerator pedal as the throttle body is fly by wire. So if this is so, may be worth getting the POT checked on tech 2 for return to "active idle control " as it sounds like it has not switched to this setting. However, I'm not 100% sure this type of idle control still exsists on the current Astra.

Comment

VXR has vented disks, its was the grooved disks that had been removed to keep the overall price down

Comment

Originally posted by R20 VXR
                              I've neither experienced this...or heard of anyone else doing so - take it back!
                              If enough forum members say likewise, you'll have plenty evidence to get arsy about it!!
                              Thanks will post the outcome

Comment

Working...
                              X