This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drivers seat creaking

any one else had trhis problem seems to be worse on left handers than right but bloody annoying on a car with only 1250 miles on it

I've got the same problem on my driver's seat. It seems to be coming from the right hand bolster on the seat base.
    It's bloody annoying especially with just 600 miles under it's belt.
    Back to the dealer then methinks.

Comment

Squeaky seat is the most common problem on the Astra VXR, nearly all owners complain about it, fit a Miltek exhaust and drive faster, open the windows and you wont be able to hear the squeak quite so much.

Comment

Turn the radio up you'll never hear it very annoying mine as just started squeeking on my golf, hope i dont get the same prob with the vxr when i get it. if you solve it let us all know.

Comment

i have only ever noticed the squeak when it is cold, once the interior has warmed the squeak stops

Comment

I have experienced this seat noise. I noticed it at around 1000 miles.

Comment

Ive got the same problem on the drivers seat, seems to be worst when cold but happens most of the time, any cures would be welcome!

Comment

Creaking driver's seat

Had the VXR back to the dealer today to investigate the creaking coming from the driver's seat. They reckon it's the height adjuster that's causing the problem and the cure is basically a new seat base.
                It's on order so we'll see if it cures the problem once fitted.

Comment

mine no longer makes the noise and it now has 6700 on the clock

Comment

Yep i had the problem to,almost from the first day.
                    Took the Car back to the dealer and they fixed it, turns out that the seat had'nt been put togeather right and was rubbibg metal on metal.
                    About 2 Weeks later the near side seat did the same lol, so had to get that fixed (as i said to them for a £20,000 Car this wasnt on), but wait until you hear what happend next.
                    I took the Car in first thing in the morning to get the second seat fixed while i waited,so i was home by 9.30am, was a nice day so ill gave the car a wash, at this point i heard a sound from 1 of the back tyres, this whent away so i forgot about it.
                    Next day was driving in the City and you will never guess i had a flat I was right beside a KwikFit so i whent there, I watch them pull out a tool about 1" long from the tyre, cost of new 1 £206 good job they didnt have one in stock.
                    I asked them to patch it,and drove straight round to my VXR dealer, armed with the 1" tool.
                    To say I lost the plot was an understatment,in the end they fitted a new 1 for free and i got the demo vx220 for a couple of hours lol.
                    Apart form the above I'M loving every minute of the Car

Comment

My drivers seat makes a solid clunk when i pull away. When parked it will also clunk when i lean forwards then backwards.

Comment

My drivers seat does not seem to go down low enough.
                        The passengers one is lower. i'm only 5' 11" but my head rubs the roof has any one else had this prob.

Comment

Originally posted by alex_c
                          My drivers seat does not seem to go down low enough.
                          The passengers one is lower. i'm only 5' 11" but my head rubs the roof has any one else had this prob.
                          Have you adjusted the tilt mechanism ?

Comment

yep.
                            makes the rear of the seat lower but the front higher so not really helping.

Comment

Originally posted by alex_c
                              yep.
                              makes the rear of the seat lower but the front higher so not really helping.
                              Get your hair cut six inch mohicans went out in the eighties !!! Get a couple of vertibrete removed !!! Have you ever considered life without a neck ???

Comment

Working...
                              X