This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VXR remap & milltek

Have been looking at courtney's and the performance centre upgrades.
    The question is price and which is the best value.
    I think I would look at the peformance centre upgrade.....285bhp with sport on and lower power with sport 'off'...i'm thinking with this the full milltek exhaust system.
    The power is pretty vicious as it is, does the ecu remap look to balance out the power band to lessen torque steer, cos on paper 285 in the vxr would be mental.....
    I'm pretty new to this game so advice would be appreciated
    The main consideration for me would be the price and yes the fuel economy..

Have a read of the link below.
    This is only my opinion and I am sure there will be others who can give you an opinion on the VXR performance Centre.
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/messagebo...opic.php?t=454

Comment

Since there is always gonna be a degree of similarity between the maps provided by all tuners...
      I always advise to go to the nearest ! - closer to get to should there be any issues.
      tuner talk: "Just get out and drive the damn things !!!"
      The truth is out there ...

Comment

Having driven the VXRPC map, i can only confirm that it does smooth out the delivery, and to be honest it is mental, but, no more so than the std car. It really does drive well!!
        That aside, i believe they are the only ones to offer a "Vauxhall" approved upgrade ?
        Insignia VXR, quite nippy!

Comment

no remaps i believe are actually approved as such under manufacturor warrenty, tuner warrenty to cover you from there on in on the engine and management system, same with most of the other upgrades on offer, still all aftermarket parts compared with factory fit specifications and the warrenty covered by the supplying/fitting tuner

Comment

I think Aussie's right on this and is similar to the remap's Irmscher do, where they warranty the remap. Any damage caused by the re-map I think(don't hold me too it) gets covered by them (Irmscher), but only they can confirm that. I know none committal

Comment

What I would say is that there is only 1 Tuner backed by Vauxhall and that is VXR Performance Centre (88.
              Regarding warranty issues if it was me I would go with what the manufacturer is backing but I am the manufacturer.
              But the remaps and tuning mods are warranted by the tuner but consequential damage caused by the modification will not be covered by the manufacturers warranty. As stated in the owners handbook "If any modifications or conversions are carried out any changes made to the standard vehicle specifications may cause the warranty offered by Vauxhall not to apply."

Comment

so there we have it as Dougie says, any damage caused by the map will be covered by the tuner not manufacturor warrenty end of the day its your money, your car and the maps are very similiar in performance and price from all the proven vxl tuners, go for who is the closest or the one you know best
                full milltek mate is very nice

Comment

As I Said: What I would say is that there is only 1 Tuner backed by Vauxhall and that is VXR Performance Centre (88.

Comment

i think we seen that mate, stands out more in yellow
                    i would still recommend going to who is reputable (the main group of vxl tuners are) & closest incase anything by the off chance may go wrong (it does happen), you still got to get your car back somehow, just my opinion as a paying customer :wink:

Comment

If price was the same, you would have to pick VXRPC. Piece of mind etc.

Comment

Seems to me that all the tuners wil have to offer some warranty, not only for the re-map but any subsequent damage otherwise they are not going to be keeping the business for very long! It will not take long for the word to get around, thats for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by caspy
                          what piece of mind etc do they offer that the other proven vxl tuners dont?

Comment

At the end of the day we are the manufacturer and we Warrant the vehicles that is all I need to say........... :wink:

Comment

One stop shop. Griffin on the car and Griffin over the door, and ultimately it has their backing. Just an opinion. If product the same etc. Buy it with a brand on it!!!
                              Levi jeans or Asda jeans at same price etc etc. Levi every time.

Comment

Working...
                              X