This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Guages

I wonder if someone can tell me if we have a problem with the fuel gauges in the cars.
    On the Vectra I have noticed that lthe ow fuel level warning appears on the screen when the needle on the fuel guage is still some distance off the red area. I have thought this quite odd.
    However even more strange was when I got into the Astra tonight and found the computer showing 29 miles left in the tank on the colour screen, but the needle on the fuel guage was resting on the zero.
    Does that sound like I have a problem with one, both or neither car?

Mine is the same.
    Most cars do 50+ miles in the red but the vxr would probably be empty without even touching the red! Unless the range is designed to hit zero with a gallon reserve in the red?? Anyone know?

Comment

i think its prob alrite, ive found myslef a bit low on fuel a few times, and have driven past this point and its never ran out on me, tho dont know if i would be wilin to test it for all 30 miles or whatver lol!!

Comment

Originally posted by N3 VXR
        i think its prob alrite, ive found myslef a bit low on fuel a few times, and have driven past this point and its never ran out on me, tho dont know if i would be wilin to test it for all 30 miles or whatver lol!!
        Got myself in a bit of bother between stations (l ike I drove straight past one) and range was showing 12 miles when I filled up - I wouldn't advise it though as my stress levels were a little through the roof

Comment

Ive been down to 8 miles ....

Comment

Mines at 6 miles range now and the needle is on empty :wink: best get some first job tomorrrow
            Andy

Comment

Filled it up with the range saying 4 miles and the fuel gauge was showing empty...Took 50.01 litres to fill so was near dry i have trust in the range now just dont over step the mark :P
              Andy

Comment

Working...
              X