This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance stats...

Afternoon chaps.. New on here as you may gather.. But just wanted to ask a few questions..
    I am currently half way through my lease on my current car and will more than likely be going the VXR route when I change.. (With a dapple of Regal :wink: )..
    But i'm just curious on what sort of performance the VXR is putting out.. I've driven one, but only for about 15 mins and liked. But even with 237 bhp i#m still not sure how it would compare against my old CTR.. Yeah it had more power, but has also eaten 186 more pies (kgs).. lol, like most of the current batch of hot hatches..
    Now it has been timed at 16.4 0-100 by Autocar and 17.4 by Evo mag. Both of which are slower than the CTR when timed . (I personally think they would be very close)
    SO! Has any of you chaps taken there VXR down the 1/4 mile strip yet? Just to get an idea of what it's capable of.. I'm quite a regular at Santa Pod and haven't had the pleasure of seeing one go down yet.. Also met a couple on the road in the LCR, but none wanted a friendly blast..
    Any opinions would be great..
    Cheers! :wink:

The ones uv met on the road mate probs didnt want to waste there time and petrol on your LCR as ive encounterd 2 of them down my way and to say they were absolute cannon fodder is an understatement it was so easy it was like taking candy from a baby ,Not in a gary glitter sense of course

Comment

You wouldn't be taking any candy from my baby mate.. Trust me...!! :wink:
      I would imagine you would have the edge over a standard one though.. But you shouldn't be mothering them mate.. They aint that much slower.. Just a shame you haven't bumped into me really.. Would love to have a go and see how well the VXR fairs... But you certainly won't getiing close enough to be taking any candy from me.. LOL More choking on my boost!!!
      What colour is yours mate? 19's?

Comment

Red With 19s and Milltek zorst after my Remap ill gladly oblige to piss all over that LCR of urz with ease my man

Comment

Comment

Will be down the 1320 very soon but until then read my post "how fast is it Mr". I have used the Varicom computer for may years and it does not flatter a cars performance. I did find that if you let the TC do the work it kills the power too much............

Comment

Not the warmest welcome I have seen from fellow contributors. So may I be the first to say hello and welcome.
              It sounds like you have had some interesting work done to your Type R. I suspect you would probably be interested in some of the developments that the various tuners on this forum are bringing out for the Astra.

Comment

jesus, and i thought this forum was a little more mature than most of the other car sites...! gues not - why oh why do people have to use language like 'piss all over it with ease my man'...

Comment

My take from owning at points in my history a LCR, ATR, MTM modified S3 and at VXR for now.
                  The VXR does feel quicker than an LCR and quite a bit more than my ATR, but most of the time I dont do full redline runs, hence I prefer the turbo - lazy git that I am.
                  In std form, the VXR's engine is one of the best Ive had, almost compare it to my old RS4 (ok, not quite the power). The VXR's engine just feels a lot nicer than the old VAG 1.8T. When the 225 1.8T is modified I reckon it will live with the VXR (even a remaped one). From some other posts I do wonder if the 1.8T has better cooling and responds better to tuning
                  Saying that I would still prefer a remaped VXR engine over the old timer 1.8T. Still VAG have moved the game on with the 2.0TFSI and my guess is that the new Cupra will have the taking of the VXR
                  Jonathan

Comment

Not too moderate too much booys, yes watch ya language please , don't let this turn into a bun fight and also welcome the new person after all , all they did was ask a few questions to the people that where supposed to be in the know, and from what I'm reading may have considered one.

Comment

sparky, well said, good shout....
                      Si

Comment

Are you Guys so nieve to think that this guy is actually intrested in the VXR ,looks like a seat forum user come on here to have a pop as far as im concerned

Comment

I suggest a testdrive with someone who offers a broad perspective and overview of the entire VXR. Not just a conversation about 'candy' and quarter miles. When the VXR is not driving 'full pelt' it has other various qualities.

Comment

We've met a few CTRs on the road and the main difference between them is the in gear performance punches the VXR ahead of the CTR everytime. Worse if the CTR driver gets caught in the wrong gear
                            Under braking its down to the driver and from the lights again down to the driver to make a clean getaway. CTR has the much better (possibly best ever) gearchange .
                            Tuning the VXR is a lot easier than the CTR , tho the supercharger kit for the CTR is quite lovely!
                            Stu

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie VXR
                              Red With 19s and Milltek zorst after my Remap ill gladly oblige to piss all over that LCR of urz with ease my man
                              Hmmmm not too sure about this one !!!
                              My LCR has a custom remap and absolutely flies !!!
                              Yes i have ordered a VXR due in 3 weeks now and if it is as good as my LCR, i will be pleased.
                              My LCR has never failed to put a smile on my face and God its fast !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X