This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parcel shelf

Has anyone had problems with this, I opened my boot this morning to be greeted with a prang noise and now the shelf is loose on the right of the boot (looks broke).
    I am getting a bit worried that my car got sent from the manufacturer without going through quality.
    The brakes on the rear were the wrong size, the b-pillars dont have the black trim and now it seems the parcel shelf has broke, I love the car but I am getting worried.
    Has anyone else had this kind of luck.
    Cheers
    John

Seems to be a bit shoddy, if you really ar'nt happy with anything get it into the dealer they should be more than happy to help especially when you've shelled out nearly £20K for a car.

Comment

Re: Parcel shelf

Originally posted by jpg
      Has anyone had problems with this, I opened my boot this morning to be greeted with a prang noise and now the shelf is loose on the right of the boot (looks broke).
      I am getting a bit worried that my car got sent from the manufacturer without going through quality.
      The brakes on the rear were the wrong size, the b-pillars dont have the black trim and now it seems the parcel shelf has broke, I love the car but I am getting worried.
      Cheers
      John
      Have you spotted that the rubber trim under your bonnet is missing ?

Comment

I am not sure as I dont know what Im looking for anyone got any pictures
        b pillar trims got fitted today and does make the car look better

Comment

First messager here,in reply to your problem, yes, we had same problem with parcel shelf 1st time took it out. Got it replace straight away by dealer. Took delivery of our VXR 31st December, have some major problems going on with Vauxhall at present, can't say too much in case it prejudices our case but suffice to say we are VERY unhappy with way we have been dealt with so far. No-one seems to want to accept responsibility for what probably boils down to poor quality control before the vehicle left factory, they were already under pressure to get us the vehicle after we were promised delivery in September.
          If anyone else has had problems with Turbo, Central Locking system, etc., please let us know.
          Ta!

Comment

Hello Rebecca and welcome to the site. No we have not had any of the problems you refer to. Our Astra was a dealer demo and was registered on the same day as yours.
            The only problems we have had are those already documented on here e.g Clicking Steering and some slight misting/spotting in the rear light clusters.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Kingswell
              First messager here,in reply to your problem, yes, we had same problem with parcel shelf 1st time took it out. Got it replace straight away by dealer. Took delivery of our VXR 31st December, have some major problems going on with Vauxhall at present, can't say too much in case it prejudices our case but suffice to say we are VERY unhappy with way we have been dealt with so far. No-one seems to want to accept responsibility for what probably boils down to poor quality control before the vehicle left factory, they were already under pressure to get us the vehicle after we were promised delivery in September.
              If anyone else has had problems with Turbo, Central Locking system, etc., please let us know.
              Ta!
              Hi there,
              Sorry to hear about your problems... will be good to learn more when you reach an outcome. I'm the same as Catherine viz a viz the 'common' problems and have not heard or read of anyone with Turbo or CLS issues.
              Best wishes and hope its sorted soon

Comment

Re: Parcel shelf

Originally posted by jpg
                Cheers
                John
                Not had any real problems with mine but I did get a similar noise out of the parcel shelf last week - the metal retaining clip (on the right hand side) popped out but I managed to re-fit with no apparent damage.
                Hope that the driving makes up for the problems that you have had!
                Stephen

Comment

Working...
                X