This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got new car but.............

Ok people I picked up my VXR last monday (yes its great to drive) however a few niggles have surfaced.
    Firstly the paint or lack of it with the merest hint of wind rain stones etc it seems to chip away at an alarming rate???? (vauxhall any answers?)
    Secondly the car has a hugh thirst weather i drive quick, slow etc motorway or b road the average fuel always seems to be 19.1!!! or less any reasons people?? and yes i am using shell optimax!
    Dont get me wrong I love the car but i used to push my old saxo VTR for all it was worth and before tradein there were less stone chips in 4 years! than my new VXR in a week! This cant be right? (manufacturing defect?)
    replys appreciated. :?
    STEALTH

I have more than a dozen stonechips - even got one on the roof...
    Not really impressed either.....thinking of getting a respray then 3M protective film.
    Dount the dealers would entertain any claims
    tuner talk: "Just get out and drive the damn things !!!"
    The truth is out there ...

Comment

yes I must agree I have about 6 stone chips on the front and 1 on the inside of the passenger door(How this happened I dont know as I have never drove the car with this door open)
      I love the car but paint seems like it is jumping off the car

Comment

paint

I also have a few stone chips This is the only fault i can find with the car.

Comment

got myself up to lincs to paintshield - dont get stone chips anymore (as far as i can see anyway) www.paintshield.co.uk - worth having a look :wink:

Comment

How much was it Louise ??
            tuner talk: "Just get out and drive the damn things !!!"
            The truth is out there ...

Comment

Originally posted by M40COO
              How much was it Louise ??
              about 450 i think, maybe less - was a while back x tbh i'm glad i did it tho cos paying out for a re-spray wud hurt the pocket WAY more x

Comment

You just wait until those stones start taking chunks out of your alloys too
                Mine is going back to the dealer this Monday cos I kicked up about the state of the front bumper when I bought it (3 months old).
                How about this for stuff I have had put right...
                2 new 19"s on the front
                Replacement Recaro leather seat base
                Ful front bumper respray
                Side skirt mopped up
                But they did program Cruise for me for free and have not once protested at doing the work which IMO makes them a good dealer
                Needless to say you can see I am a picky tart

Comment

Gd Mornin VXR Jon!! What do you mean by 'programming' the cruise for free by the dealer ?? Did you have a problem or what?
                  Safe Driving ! Andy

Comment

Paint

well, for a Vectra.. no real stone chips at all .. think I might have one minor one...
                    Does the Astra have different paint to a Vectra ? .. can't see it myself
                    What colours are we talking about ?
                    2007 Audi RS4 - sold 2008

Comment

Working...
                    X