This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on things plus the usual ranting

Just coming up to 6 weeks of ownership now and have had my fair share of ups and downs with the car.
    Mechanically I cannot find fault with the VXR, I am so glad I bought it over the ST and the looks it gets confirms its a far more attractive car to the onlooker than I thought!
    Anyhow as Aussie knows - I aint one to settle for stuff not perfect and so far the car has gone back to the dealer once (the second time will be this Monday) and I have had quite alot of work done to get it to a standard I am happy with including 2 new 19"s on the front (laquer issues), replacement Recaro seat base (full leather one) and a full respray to the front bumper and skirt to clear up somne stone chip issues I had.
    On the plus side - a few cheap mods have come one nicely - VXR badges on the b-pillar trims, retro fitting of Cruise control and this evening I fitted a pair of wind deflectors to the doors so its gradually getting there cosmetically - just the electric folding mirrors left to do and then I'll start saving for the Milltek Also want to source a set of 18"s (Oz Super T GT's) to use as winter wheels - although I see a VX dealer is selling SRI 18"s for £750 which is tempting!

Jon, was the cruise control a universal thing or is it the proper one for the astra. Where did you get it from.
    Are you contemplating any other upgrades like auto lights and autodim mirror or rain sensors?

Comment

Hi mate - the Cruise control was a proper VX thing. Some guys over at the Astra SRi Forums had been saying that some VXR's without the CC still had the wiring in place to retro fit it, so it was literally a case of squeezing down under the pedals and checking for a switch on the clutch arm with a couple of wires coming from it. If this was there, then all that was needed was a replacement indicator stalk from Vauxhall and a 15 minute session on Tech2 to program it. I had it done and its ace - all for £35 - a fraction of the cost of the option if requesting it when the car is built (£200)
      The indicator stalk will cost about £35 and the cost to program it - about £20.
      Next mod for me (I'm doing the cheaper tartier ones first) is to retro fit the electric folding mirrors (will cost about £160ish) and then we'll see what else can be done - I'm interested in the ones you mention though if they could be done with minimum of hassle
      And does anyone know if 18" SRI alloys will fit the VXR cos I quite like the look of them and they would do for my winter wheels instead of the Oz Super T's!

Comment

HI JOHN TONY HERE JUST WONDERED DO YOU HAVE ANY INFO ON WHERE I CAN GET THE ELECTRIC FOLDING MIRRORS RETRO FITTED LIKE YOU INTEND TO AND ANY UPDATE ON PRICES.
        REGARDS TONY

Comment

Working...
        X