Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the VXR Sports exhaust from Milltek Sport work?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the VXR Sports exhaust from Milltek Sport work?

bit of info
    http://www.vxrregister.com/forum/vie...hp?p=1515#1515

When I come across a grand lying about doing nothing then I think i'll be going for that damn milltek!!!!

Comment

had the milltek fitted today by thorneys, who cares if it works, it puts a big ol smile on my face, lol. and scares little children
      johnny
      ps it does work, bloody well!!! .
      Arden Astra j , nav 600, afl, full leather, aero pack, power fold mirrors, infinity sound system.

Comment

that it does mate

Comment

I WANT!!!
          Just need a spare £1k
          *Checks to see if any rich relatives are due to pop their clogs* :wink:

Comment

miltek

which is the best place to get a remap and full system(miltek)
            ie courtney,thorney etc

Comment

Ok.
              Just to confirm by totally unbiased point of view. Have spent a few hours driving a std car again. Genuinely feel ultimately that without the full Miltek power diff is negligable, however, it does drop off higher up the rev range quicker than the Miltek'd car.
              Find myself shortshifting to maintain the accelaration rather than holding the revs a bit longer on the other car.
              A definate improvement ?? Yes!!!
              Insignia VXR, quite nippy!

Comment

Re: miltek

Originally posted by worledge10
                which is the best place to get a remap and full system(miltek)
                ie courtney,thorney etc
                Looking at your location, go over to NorthWalsham, speak to Jon and have a go in his car, you will not be disappointed. Mine is fantastic big smiles all around , I think they have also done a car for a member of staff at your local dealer :wink:
                PS they are also a Milltek Dealer

Comment

Yes and it is brillant and the sound is WOWWWWW!!!!
                  I love it and i think many people do!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by VXRDUDE
                    Yawwwwwn
                    Magnex £599.99 - same power - half the price - better fit - lifetime Gtee - better looking tail trim - in stock in 3 weeks....

Comment

The point of greatest interest on that thread is that the power figures being espoused are always in conjunction with a re-map.
                      Compare the graphs for both the Magnex & the Milltek when fitted on standard cars & the performance for £ spent makes the Milltek system look decidedly expensive.
                      From what Mr. Thorne tell us he has data that supports power increases from the use of the "motorsport" cat only in conjunction with a stage 3 remap (drops power when removed)
                      Factor in the cost of the remap, cost of the cat, cost of the system & compare accordingly!

Comment

Originally posted by VXRDUDE
                        very true mate, the milltek is a nice addition to the VXR, many of us have one fitted and have notice the difference in power/torque over the standard exhaust plus its fills the rear bumper cut out very nicely without the overhang

Comment

Originally posted by Magnex John
                          The point of greatest interest on that thread is that the power figures being espoused are always in conjunction with a re-map.
                          Compare the graphs for both the Magnex & the Milltek when fitted on standard cars & the performance for £ spent makes the Milltek system look decidedly expensive.
                          From what Mr. Thorne tell us he has data that supports power increases from the use of the "motorsport" cat only in conjunction with a stage 3 remap (drops power when removed)
                          Factor in the cost of the remap, cost of the cat, cost of the system & compare accordingly!
                          Bo11ocks to what anybody says or any graphs, the miltek vastly improves the performance of a standard car, I know, I have driven a miltek enhanced car since January, it walks all over the standard car, extra 15+ bhp. The magnex system remains an unknown quantity, no one knows how it will perform, no one knows what it is you will get for your money other than knowing you wont be getting a high flow cat, in my experience that can only be a bad thing. Having more recently added a stage two map the miltek just gets better, you just want to drive the car for the sound, stuff your ice instalations where the sun dont shine cos the milteks sounds will be No 1 in your charts for some time to come.

Comment

can I post my pic again yet?
                            As you Jom, will appreciate this bit has also been deleted.

Comment

Jom,
                              No you can't.

Comment

Working...
                              X