X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petrol Consumption!!!

Hello everyone
    I have had the beast coming up to a month now and i just wanted to see how many miles you guys are getting from a tank.
    This is the first tank i have used where i am driving like a priest to see how many miles i can squeeze out, so far, i have done 110 miles on half a tank!! Im using optimax.
    Dont get me wrong, i understand these cars will use fuel like its going out of fashion, i used to have a saph cossie so know how it is but even that wasnt this bad.
    When you get 'a bit sporty' with it, i can see the fuel gauge move infront of my eyes and cant help but hope i have a fuel leak!!!!!!
    But its well worth it for the pleasure its bringing me )
    I would appreciate it if you would let me know how many miles your getting.

xxx

I got over 300 miles from a tank a few weeks back but usually around the 250 mile mark!

Comment

250 is ok , 300 is a bit girly or longggg motorway trips and 100 is naughty or track.
      stu

Comment

Yep...about 280
        tuner talk: "Just get out and drive the damn things !!!"
        The truth is out there ...

Comment

How much of an impact does having A/C on all the time make? I can't help wondering if that is the cause of the differences in consumption we are seeing.

Comment

Has anyone else noticed different fuel consumptions based upon what fuel they use???
            I used Tesco 99 Ron for a week and found it went in no time so definately the worst on terms of economy, Optimax fairs a little better but top of the list for getting more miles is BP Ultimate.
            In terms of performance - the car operates best on the Tesco fuel and is always eager to go (does the Ron rating make that much difference cos its 2 above the BP which is 97).
            Missus wanted me to try the new BP 102 Ron "Rocket Fuel" which is on pump at on of our local BP's - that was until I said she could pay for it @ £2.42 a litre!!!

Comment

Normal driving somewhere around 300 per tank but a lot of my driving is motorway and i don't always drive like a hooligan although there was that time

Comment

I think i must have a special one from the factory. I have an 06 plate and i am getting just over 400 and that is playing hard. I had a 3 door SRI 2.0l turbo which driving the same as the VXR would give me 300 miles. I fill it up on BP and a full tank cost about £45.00, and had the supprise of my life when i got just over 400. I maybe a girl, but i am known in the area to have lost the police, so i don't hang around. I was expecting around 250ish a tank. :P

Comment

Originally posted by the vxr mothership
                  250 is ok , 300 is a bit girly or longggg motorway trips and 100 is naughty or track.
                  stu
                  Only just seen this but LOL!!!
                  I average 26mpg with some motorway driving to work and A road fun back! I've done just over 11k now and I've had VPC stage 1 remap since 6k miles. I was hoping the extra torque in the remap would have improved the MPG but no....it's far too much fun for that!! I get 240 miles to a tank if I'm lucky! The most I have got is 280 and that was once driving like Miss Daisy and it was boring! The least I've got is about 220 I think.
                  And 400 miles!!!

Comment

Yep!!! and i aint joking.
                    I dont think it wants a drink, but i'm sure once the stage 2 gets done, it will be a bit more hungry.

Comment

400, you really must be driving like a girl with very minimal "full on" fun.. Either that, on your engine just aint fueling right.
                      We're getting about 260-290 on opti, but have done over 300 with unleaded.
                      While running the car in and never revving above 4k, we got 350 odd.... Thats with a very very light foot, and a good 150-200 of those miles doing about 70-80mph on the motorway.

Comment

The area is full off hidden unmarked scoobys with vasco on board, but i'm fortunate to know all the hideaways and their reg no's, but i still have some serious fun, and dont hold back on the power. Fuel is def 400 each ride. I'm loving it!!!!
                        I am running on unleaded all the time. You say you are using opti. Dealer told me unleaded is fine, what should i be using?

Comment

Originally posted by Mandy
                          I am running on unleaded all the time. You say you are using opti. Dealer told me unleaded is fine, what should i be using?
                          I assume by unleaded you mean 95 ron petrol rather than the super unleaded 97+ ron petrols?
                          If you are using 95 ron petrol then, if I remember correctly, you'll find that once the turbo kicks in, you'll get a surge of power, then it'll drop and then it will come back. This isn't the TC kicking in, it's the result of using 95 ron petrol.
                          I decided to try Optimax to see if it made any difference. That flat spot I describe above disappeared. Optimax just improves the performance really that's all. It'll work perfectly fine on the other petrols.
                          If you decided to give Optimax a go, bare in mind that it will take at least 2-3 tank fulls to clear the old petrol out and for the ECU to adapt. I noticed the difference straight away after filling up (from near empty) with Optimax.

Comment

Thanks Ian, i will give this a try on next fill up. What you say happens does happen. :wink:

Comment

Hold on, it gets a tad quicker with opti.
                              And no flat spots throughout the rev range.
                              Its more expensive, but its much better juice.

Comment

Working...
                              X