This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1000 Miles...

Well, the beast has completed the first 1000 miles of its life, and I must say that so far I'm loving it!
    + Love the looks and attention the car gets.
    + Love the performance
    + Love "that noise" when you accelerate.
    + Love the Stereo (CDC40)
    + Love the performance
    + Pleased I had the rear parking sensors!!
    - Not loving the price of Super Unleaded.
    - Not loving the first stone chip on the bonnet.
    No problems to report.
    I set the Board Computer when I first brought the car, so the figures todate:
    Average MPG 24.8
    Average Speed 30MPH (Disapointing!)

Mines just turned the 1000 mile marker too my findings....
    - rear bumber fixings missing.
    - front spring transportation bump stops still on the car at 800 miles only spotted when i changed my wheels...
    - Front fog lamp chrome trim loose (think it broken)
    - too much lumbar support in the half leather seat.
    - it sups like George Best first 2 tanks around 19 MPG :P
    + love the looks
    + love the Milltek and Thorney stage 2
    + stereo is pretty good
    + the induction roar ( sounds like Darth Vader with a cold :mrgreen: )
    + performance
    Andy

Comment

cool... let us know when you get to 2000

Comment

had mine nearly three weeks and done 2500 miles, the car seems to get better every mile, had thorney stage two and the pull all the way through the revs is awe inspiring. and great fun. no probs as yet, apart from usual, sqeaky seat.
        Love the heated seats
        love the exhaust note(milltek)
        love dartford tunnel for the noise ,lol
        love the afl, like daylight
        love the look on peoples faces
        love the pleasure i get from me right foot
        hate the cost of tyres, conti 190 each, doh!
        hate cant get 19 spare in bootwell
        hate no jack or wrench
        hate finding out other extras available after
        car ordered; example, folding wing
        mirrors.not listed!!
        average mpg 21-2
        average mph 38
        Arden Astra j , nav 600, afl, full leather, aero pack, power fold mirrors, infinity sound system.

Comment

sorry to revive an old thread my cars coming up to 600 miles now (the time the dealer recommened the engine should start to loosen up) and i know im gunna hit the 1000 mile mark next week, just curious what you guys paid for the 1000 mile checkup from the dealers?

Comment

Originally posted by Jk. View Post
            sorry to revive an old thread my cars coming up to 600 miles now (the time the dealer recommened the engine should start to loosen up) and i know im gunna hit the 1000 mile mark next week, just curious what you guys paid for the 1000 mile checkup from the dealers?
            depends on dealer.could be about £50 for oil and filter change ????

Comment

oki doki, didnt wanna get ripped off! thought would have just been a visual inspection of vitals! ty

Comment

Average MPG 24.8 !!!!! im getting about 29-31mpg (Average speed 34mph / Non modded VXR) driving the car modestly on my daily 26mile commute. Even when i thrash the car i get 26mpg
                Last edited by appolospb; 6 December 2007, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by appolospb View Post
                  Average MPG 24.8 !!!!! im getting about 29-31mpg (Average speed 34mph / Non modded VXR) driving the car modestly on my daily 26mile commute. Even when i thrash the car i get 26mpg
                  I'm wondering wether theres something wrong with mine now. Seriously. I've very nearly got to the 1000 mile mark now, and mine has averaged 18mpg and I don't seem to be able to get better. I reset the average mpg and set off driving carefully and it gets to about 25/26mpg, then gradually as i start to ease a bit more power in (by no means thrashing it) it drops and drops. Ive filled the tank and ran it nearly empty 4 times now and the best i've managed off a tank is 185 miles ! I didn't buy the car for its good mpg but after what i read on here i didnt think it would be that bad!

Comment

20.3 mpg average 8500 miles
                    FABIA vRS WITH PD160 INTAKE, PIPERCROSS FILTER, STRUT BRACE, EIBACH PRO SPRINGS, 312MM AUDI TT BRAKES,BOOST GAUGE,FMIC, WATER SPRAYER, RARB, WIDE MOUTH BUMPER, 17" OCTAVIA vRS SPIDERS PAINTED GTR GRAY WITH PRADA SPEC 2's AND CELTIC TUNNED
                    182.1BHP-300FT-LB @ 26 psi 1/4 MILE 14.966 SEC
                    "NO SMOKE NO POKE" R.I.P MIGHTY MERV

Comment

Originally posted by GraemeJ View Post
                      I'm wondering wether theres something wrong with mine now. Seriously. I've very nearly got to the 1000 mile mark now, and mine has averaged 18mpg and I don't seem to be able to get better. I reset the average mpg and set off driving carefully and it gets to about 25/26mpg, then gradually as i start to ease a bit more power in (by no means thrashing it) it drops and drops. Ive filled the tank and ran it nearly empty 4 times now and the best i've managed off a tank is 185 miles ! I didn't buy the car for its good mpg but after what i read on here i didnt think it would be that bad!
                      Where do you live. I get 40+ out of mine. We could swap cars and see what happens
                      sigpicAstra VXR Stage 2, 279.7bhp Petrol, 292.0 bhp LPG
                      Zafira 222 BHP LPG (stage 1), 295 Petrol (stage 3)

Need any stainless bolts for your rocker cover or anywhere else on your motor? PM for a good price

Comment

wo thats bad i ve had mine from new ( 3months old now got 3000 ) and never had less than 25mpg and normally get 230 miles out of the tank !!
                        even had a trip back from manchester to southampton and wasn t hanging around and got 300miles from a tank and at a constant 80ish even had 35mpg for two gallons !!

id get that checked out , sounds like its a heavy drinker !
                        do you drive with the sports button on constantly ?
                        Project J is here Carbon Parts for Astra J Or vectra vxr brake conversions to astra/corsa please PM

Comment

Damn, that is not good at all
                          Arden Astra VXR 888 Stage 3

My Astra VXR was for sale but now SOLD !

Comment

Originally posted by jalfrezigazee View Post
                            Where do you live. I get 40+ out of mine. We could swap cars and see what happens
                            I live in the north west near blackburn ! Yeah I think i'm gonna see what its like up to 2000 miles. Hopefully as the ECU learns it will improve. I hardly ever have the sport button on. The very 1st tank of fuel i put in has returned the best mpg and its been getting worse since. If its still the same in another 1000 miles i'll take a trip to vauxhall, get them to have a look at it.

Comment

this 1000 mile check up you all speak of... i was never told about this and didnt realise it was even needed. What does it involve? oil change? little bit worried that it may effect warrenty etc!

Comment

Working...
                              X