This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How bad is the torque steer??

Im picking VXR up in 6 weeks but just wondering if the torque steer is as bad as Clarkson etc says?? I owned a 300bhp Cav gsi turbo conversion about five years ago and i didnt think even it was too bad (except in the wet).
    Cant be that bad can it?

Had mine since January and I dont really notice it.

Comment

I don't find it that bad at all.

Comment

Not a problem mate Trust Me

Comment

Re: How bad is the torque steer??

Originally posted by m4rtc
          Im picking VXR up in 6 weeks but just wondering if the torque steer is as bad as Clarkson etc says?? I owned a 300bhp Cav gsi turbo conversion about five years ago and i didnt think even it was too bad (except in the wet).
          Cant be that bad can it?
          You are of course aware that Clarkson was not driving a VXR on Top Gear, he was driving a pre-production vehicle which was set up with an SRI suspension. The lotus tuned version you will be driving bares no resemblance to the car he drove, there is Torque Steer in the VXR as there would be with any FWD car, but in my experience, a warm day with warm tyres and a smooth flat surface, upto 6000 rpm through all the gears, both hands on the wheel, not a problem.

Comment

Re: How bad is the torque steer??

Originally posted by S3 VXR
            Originally posted by m4rtc
            Cant be that bad can it?
            You are of course aware that Clarkson was not driving a VXR on Top Gear, he was driving a pre-production vehicle which was set up with an SRI suspension. The lotus tuned version you will be driving bares no resemblance to the car he drove, there is Torque Steer in the VXR as there would be with any FWD car, but in my experience, a warm day with warm tyres and a smooth flat surface, upto 6000 rpm through all the gears, both hands on the wheel, not a problem.
            Agreed just dont let go of the steering when you boot it. Its not like its going to rip the steering wheel out of your hands you just need them on the wheel to keep the car balanced :wink:
            Andy

Comment

It's just so NOT a problem!

Comment

What torque steer!!!
                The steering wheel will move about more due to the crap roads we have in this country more than you will experience torque steer.
                Quite a few of us have had remaps and even with the increased BHP it's really not a problem. It's certainly fun!
                No doubt you'll be enjoying it so much that you'll have forgotten all the crap Clarkson gave anyway!

Comment

I thought it would be the usual anti vaux he comes away with

Comment

Working...
                  X