X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VXR Modification

Afternoon all,
    My first post so here goes.
    I bought mt beautiful blue VXR at the weekend and would love to upgrade the sound of the engine/exhaust. I had an Elise before and that was noisy but sounded fantastic. I am aware that i can't make the VXR sound like that but would like to hear the engine roar a bit more.
    To start with i was thinking about changing the air filter but not to a 'chavy' K&N air filter, the VXR is to upper class for the Nova based K&N. Is there an excellent performance filter out there purely designed for the VXR or can anyone reccommend one.
    Thank you in advance
    AJMVXR

If you want to get a better exhaust note get the full Milltek exhaust system,mine is booked in for Tuesday but there are a few on this site that already have it and they can tell you how it sounds there is also a link on the thorney motorsport website of an astra with one fitted
    Cheers
    John

Comment

Re: VXR Modification

Originally posted by AJMVXR
      Afternoon all,
      My first post so here goes.
      I bought mt beautiful blue VXR at the weekend and would love to upgrade the sound of the engine/exhaust. I had an Elise before and that was noisy but sounded fantastic. I am aware that i can't make the VXR sound like that but would like to hear the engine roar a bit more.
      To start with i was thinking about changing the air filter but not to a 'chavy' K&N air filter, the VXR is to upper class for the Nova based K&N. Is there an excellent performance filter out there purely designed for the VXR or can anyone reccommend one.
      Thank you in advance
      AJMVXR
      Still a lot of experimenting going on with bits and pieces, nothing really conclusive yet, just keep watching and listening. Mods so far are mostly Miltek exhausts, ECU remaps, Suspension and Brakes. Some have gone further, replacing manifolds, Turbos, diffs, driveshafts etc but not many. The air filter just is not important to anybody yet, the sound with the full miltek will never mimic your elise, it is like a quieter version though.

Comment

A full Milltek will help with the sound no end and a remap too. Im interested in an induction kit also . Thorneymotorsport have one ready for testing but isnt going to be realeased til its a proven BHP gain item :wink:
        If i had had time whilst my Stage 2 was fitted they where going to test it on my car... sadly i had to travel 175 miles home which didnt leave enough time
        Andy

Comment

The Milltek is just a fantastic sound.... not chav or anything..but a bit of (expensive!)class. I'm also one of the many who 'gave in' to the Stage 2 and together you just want to drive for the hell of it!

Comment

Working...
          X