This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10,000 Miles

Have just hit 10,000 miles today, can't fault it really apart from 27mile/gallon and that is all motorway miles in 6th.
    Do I get a prize if I get to the first service interval first?????

Re: 10,000 Miles

Originally posted by richywiseman
    Have just hit 10,000 miles today, can't fault it really apart from 27mile/gallon and that is all motorway miles in 6th.
    But your only half way there, congatulations for keeping the torque steering monster out of the ditch for so long

Comment

Richy have you noticed a difference in performance now it has loosened up. I was told you really needed 9-10K on the clock before it is loosened up properly.

Comment

as above thats what i wanna know too :wink:

Comment

5k in 5 weeks for me - race to the 20k

Comment

Am i doing well then to get 30.3 mpg? Thats after 4k miles since I got it, town and bit of motorway or am I a slow driver? Quite pleased with that return though.

Comment

I dont think the car torque steers that much!!, I have always had front wheel drive cars so maybe I am just used to it and dont think about it.
              I would say that the car has loosened up and is more responsive, I have been averaging 27 MPG that is mostly motorway 85 ish with a little B road action. Really getting used to throwing it around now (was scared at first!!!)
              I do 135 Miles a day but I do not have cruise control, I think if I did I might get my average MPG up a bit, I have enquired about getting this fitted but that is a whole other saga.
              Looks like I have some competition to get to 20K, see you there.........

Comment

this may help with retro fitting cruise control, i few now have got it installed for approx £60 plus
                http://astra-sri.co.uk/forums/showth...cruise+control

Comment

The dealer I bought the car from tells me that the software for the Cruise Control fo VXR is not availible yet?(Dont know what software the VXR's with cruise are running then) another dealer said that the whole wiring loom needed replacing and would cost thousands??? I have phoned other dealers and they all give me different answers?????
                  I called Vauxhall Technical myself through Customer care and they said it is possible, any dealer should be able to do it for me just contact one!!!!!!!!!!! I am going around in circles
                  Can someone help, I have looked at the thread on the astra-sri forum and there seems to be some confusion about clutch switches, wiring, etc..
                  Are their any Vauxhall techs on the forum who know????
                  What is a tech2? can I buy one myself???? and order the indicator stock and do myself.

Comment

purchase a tech 2 and you will be spending out a lot of money to set up cruise at a fair few extra grand
                    its the diagnostic tool for the engine management system
                    pm one of the guys on astra-sri who now have it set up and get their advise and where to go

Comment

As far as I understand the fitting of a switch is required for the clutch if not already fitted - tech 2 can tell this(cheap) . A new indcator stork is required (cheapish!!) and Tech 2 to re-programme asthe system is FBW.
                      As Shane rightly says Tech 2 is for diag but also for can be use to changing parmeters.
                      I don't see why the VXR software needs to be available (happy to be corrected) as its already there and just needs to be told it has cruise. Speak with perhaps one of the tuners as they may well have a good idea as well.(Courtenays, VXPPC and Thorney).
                      Perhaps one of the VXl dealers who logg on would also be able to give some guidenace please?

Comment

I dont think the car torque steers that much!!, I have always had front wheel drive cars so maybe I am just used to it and dont think about it.
                        I would say that the car has loosened up and is more responsive, I have been averaging 27 MPG that is mostly motorway 85 ish with a little B road action. Really getting used to throwing it around now (was scared at first!!!)
                        I do 135 Miles a day but I do not have cruise control, I think if I did I might get my average MPG up a bit, I have enquired about getting this fitted but that is a whole other saga.
                        Looks like I have some competition to get to 20K, see you there.........
                        I'm now at 8000 miles - last 2500 with Stage 2. No cruise. I must have delicate right metatarsals as I'm still getting 33.6mpg according to the OBC!... despite unneccesary listening to the Milltek! However, I have noticed a difference between maintaining 80mph and anything much higher - the latter does seem to use substantially more petrol.

Comment

Had my new indicator stalk fitted yesterday, and the cruise turned on via tech 2, my car did have a clutch switch fitted so all it cost was £32 for the indicator stalk.
                          Will have to see what the fuel economy is like this week at wotk, probably wont make much diference if the cruise is set at 90!!!
                          Although I do plan to do an experiment, a day at each speed 70,75,80,85 and 90 just to see the difference.

Comment

Working...
                          X