This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it an Everyday Runabout ?

I have ordered a black Astra VXr, pick it up next month, but after the impulse buy (also eyed up a Focus ST but no contest really) I am wondering how many people use them as an everyday motor ? Going to the shops, multistorey carparks ? Clearence ? Town driving in haevy traffic, whats it like as a normal car when you aren`t giving it welly as it were ??

Hi mate,
    You have no worries... I use mine everyday both motorway and town driving. 7500 miles in 4 months...absolutely no problem. Even with the Stage 2 I can choose whether I want to 'pootle' along quietly or put my foot down and enjoy the growl.
    Enjoy!

Comment

Very useable, ours went off road today and I was shocked it came out of the ditch I put it in.

Comment

IMO you buy a car to drive not to have it sat in a garage until the sun hopefully shines on a Sunday afternoon - so yeah mine is a daily runaround - work, shopping, schoolrun and in the next few months for fishing trips too.
        Its a car at the end of the day - you pay the money to enjoy it!!!

Comment

Mines my only car and a daily driver . Its just an Astra the the end of the day
          Andy

Comment

Cheers guys, mind at rest now, counting the days till I pick it up ...
            Not plucked up the courage to phone the insurance company yet either *lol*

Comment

Originally posted by Bainie
              Cheers guys, mind at rest now, counting the days till I pick it up ...
              Not plucked up the courage to phone the insurance company yet either *lol*
              My insurance went down but i was driving a VX220 turbo :P
              Andy

Comment

My went down quite a bit to, went from a Lotus Elise 111R :P

Comment

Well blow me down, My insurance has gone down, and I was drivivng a Vectra SRi (all mods claimed though) ....Nearly 1/2 what I was paying !!!

Comment

Originally posted by too-fast
                    Andy
                    Do you not feel thats a bit degrading to someone who may have been saving really hard for "just an astra". Bit low that one.
                    Yeah, the missis uses ours every day to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Daimo
                      Andy
                      Do you not feel thats a bit degrading to someone who may have been saving really hard for "just an astra". Bit low that one.
                      Missed my point the car is an Astra and every day car but a LOT faster than a stock jobbie You can pootle around doing the school/shopping run or open the ***** up and have some fun
                      Andy

Comment

Andy
                        Missed my point the car is an Astra and every day car but a LOT faster than a stock jobbie You can pootle around doing the school/shopping run or open the ***** up and have some fun
                        Andy
                        Thats how I read it Andy, I`ve had a test drive so knew what you were getting at, if you thought it was `only` an astra you wouldn`t still have one I wouldn`t think,
                        3 weeks on Tuesday !!! Though I have just been told I am offshore 3 weeks on monday for a week, so the missus gets a week in it before I get a go, hopefully she will have got it run in for me *lol*

Comment

Originally posted by Bainie
                          Andy
                          Andy
                          Thats how I read it Andy, I`ve had a test drive so knew what you were getting at, if you thought it was `only` an astra you wouldn`t still have one I wouldn`t think,
                          3 weeks on Tuesday !!! Though I have just been told I am offshore 3 weeks on monday for a week, so the missus gets a week in it before I get a go, hopefully she will have got it run in for me *lol*
                          Plenty of time for her to kerb the wheels and add a scratch or two :P
                          Andy

Comment

1 week to go, or 2 really as I am offshore next week, but then have 3 weeks home to enjoy the vxr !!!
                            Seems to be an influx of Black ones now, a lot been ordered by the looks of the site, oooohhhhh can`t wait .....

Comment

Originally posted by Vxr Jon
                              IMO you buy a car to drive not to have it sat in a garage until the sun hopefully shines on a Sunday afternoon - so yeah mine is a daily runaround - work, shopping, schoolrun and in the next few months for fishing trips too.
                              Its a car at the end of the day - you pay the money to enjoy it!!!
                              mine sits in the garage waiting for a sunny day and then i find as many b-roads as i can out of the city to enjoy it, i live a 15 min walk from work and we use the wifes fat as* td megane for general shopping and commuting runs but mind you i have 7500 on the clock after 5 1/2 months of owning so its still gets some miles just not driving around central London and genral use

Comment

Working...
                              X