This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transportation Packers ???

Is there suppose to be rubber packers between the front springs on my VXR ???
    I feel the garage forgot to remove them etc etc.
    Please advise
    :? :? :?

About 5" long? I found these in my glovebox when I got the car and asked a tech what they were last week when at the local dealer. He said the same as you and said they should have been disposed of when the car was undergoing its final checks at the dealer - so I guess that means yes to you

Comment

Originally posted by Vxr Jon
      About 5" long? I found these in my glovebox when I got the car and asked a tech what they were last week when at the local dealer. He said the same as you and said they should have been disposed of when the car was undergoing its final checks at the dealer - so I guess that means yes to you
      Cheers i thought that. It would be quite a poor design if they needed those to be left in to beef up the suspension slightly.

Comment

The packers for there for when the car comes off the transporter and yep should have been removed. Bet the ride was harsh. The car may be a bit high for a few hundred miles whilst the springs settle back down.

Comment

Mine had its bump stops left in too . The car would bottom out very easily and could be quite dangerous?
          Andy

Comment

my car has the rubbers in aswell, what is even worse, i thought car looked high at front so i got my self a set of eibach sport springs and then put the rubbers back in again, not nowing what thay were, no prizes for guessing what i will be going to do now.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

mine had them too.5 mins with brand new stanley knife,packers no more. poor P.D.I. attention from vauxhall nationwide by the look of things.

Comment

Seams to be a problem if so many cars have them left in.

Comment

After reading this thread I thought I'd check mine, Guess what mine has them too!!!!!! I have done over 10k aswell. Can I pull them out myself or do I need to get VXL to do it???
                  Would this effect the front tyre wear??? If so do you think VXl would replace???? Looking to replace front tyres soon, and would be great if could contrbute this to packers and suspension not functioning correctly.
                  Nothing to do with having traction control off..honest.

Comment

Easy to pull them out yourself jack the car up makes the job much easier :wink:
                    or... go to Vauxhall and ******* them your choice
                    Andy

Comment

In fareness to my dealer they had removed them, but perhaps that's becuasse I am a high maintenance customer and knew I would llook for them!!

Comment

On a serious note, would driving with these packers in place for 10,000 miles affect the tyre wear or any other damage???? Does it comprimise the safety of the vehicle?
                        I bought a 3month old demonstrator and therfore is used, according to the Network Q 112 point check includes amongst other things "supension check" so this needs to have been missed when the dealer recieved the car and also during the comprehensive network Q check. It raises the question that if something as blatently obvious as packing on the suspension was missed what else was overlooked.

Comment

anyone got any pics? what do they look like, easily seen or not? picking mine up in a week or 2 so would like to be able to get it sorted straight away by dealer. cheers.

Comment

Have just taken photograph, but dont know how to post?????

Comment

Working...
                            X