This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice

Thinking of buying one these little beasts! The only thing that worries me about vauxhalls is the depreciation. How much do you reckon they will be worth in 2 years time with 50K on the clock?
    I should be able to pick a used one up for 15K to lessen the hit. Do you think this is realistic?
    What king of MPG do you get cruising at 80 on motorway?
    Cheers for replies in advance.

Re: Advice

Originally posted by hardy
    Thinking of buying one these little beasts! The only thing that worries me about vauxhalls is the depreciation. How much do you reckon they will be worth in 2 years time with 50K on the clock?
    I should be able to pick a used one up for 15K to lessen the hit. Do you think this is realistic?
    What king of MPG do you get cruising at 80 on motorway?
    Cheers for replies in advance.
    CAP reckon on a 50% (well as near as damn it) residual after 3 years, not sure what mileage they base that against though. If depreciation bothers you though I'd buy something else 3-4 years old. I'm planning on keeping my VXR for 3 years minimum anyway so I'm not worried about it, I think I'd feel differently if I'd bought it for a year or so....
    15-16k should sort you out with one of the many pre-registered dealer demos.
    I'm getting just over 30mpg with cruise set at a smidge under 80. I do 76 miles on my commute to work and back. To put it into perspective my old Astra 2.2 could only manage 31-32 mpg on the same journey.
    Nova 1.6 16v TB's DTA 1/4mile 14.8s

Comment

There's a thread either earlier on here which gave details of the latest CAP rating... have a look - it may be what Phazer's looked at already.
      I do circa 80 mile commute and a fair few other motorway and side roads. Using Optimax (or - wait for it - Murco 97 Ron!) I'm getting 33.6mpg according to the on board computer... it went up to 34.4 from 32.8 following the Stage 2 remap, but gone down a little now I'm feeling more confident about handling and tend to use my right foot unneccesarily just to listen to the sound of the Milltek!
      8000 miles and I still enjoy it as much as day one (sad old git!)

Comment

Working...
      X