This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milltek Exhaust

I had a full milltek system fitted yesterday.........and wow what a noise if you have a vxr you have to get this fitted, dont buy anything for the car until you have this ---------people hide in hedgerows when they hear you coming and the double pop on gear changes is class
    thanks to the guys at Thorney they were first class.
    everyone without this fitted go and get it NOW.....

How much is the exhaust?

Comment

Re: Milltek Exhaust

Originally posted by jpg
      I had a full milltek system fitted yesterday.........and wow what a noise if you have a vxr you have to get this fitted, dont buy anything for the car until you have this ---------people hide in hedgerows when they hear you coming and the double pop on gear changes is class
      thanks to the guys at Thorney they were first class.
      everyone without this fitted go and get it NOW.....
      Good stuff mate. Iv'e heard the sound clips and it sounds awesome but don't wan't it to sound 'evo' load. With the standard car you can drive the car normally and it's quiet with a nice rumble when you accelerate.
      Also how have you found the performance diffference?

Comment

with the milltek fitted when driven normally (not giving it any stick) it is a very nice low rumble, not overpowering at all, foot to the floor and get that turbo working and thats when you know all about it

Comment

The throttle seems more responsive and it definately feels that little bit quicker on accelaration but to be hounest the noise alone would make me buy it, and Aussie is right drive it normally nice lttle rumble accelerate hard in second fantastic I keep slowing down and accelerating to hear the pops------I cant help but grin from ear to ear
          The cost was £1250 but well worth it.

Comment

go through a nice tunnel wind your windows down and let loose

Comment

Aussie
              The day I got it fitted they told me you were on your way up to get suspension done, what did you have done ?

Comment

KW varient 3 adjustable suspension set up.
                http://www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk/g...toc=1&sort=seq
                makes a huge difference to the VXR in all round handling and sits very nicely

Comment

How foolish of me I should of known you would have got the Daddy of suspension upgrades :mrgreen: (im so jealous) only joking mate Id like to see pictures of the ride height,

Comment

i will get some this coming Sat when i get it out of the garage and give it a wash (yeah believe it or not its covered in crap )
                    but its not to low so no problems driving out of my garage and over London speedpumps, the wheels now sit very nicely in the arches and still needs to settle, can lower it more but this height to me is just right, ride quality is set up more for aggressive b-roads but can be adjusted for track days etc, very nice kit with gyro set up, Pete at TMS done a quaility job once again

Comment

nice one I am currently measuring speed bumps in my area to see if I can get it lowered as I think it sits a bit high especially on the rear

Comment

this clears and has a 25mm drop, once settled it will sit alittle lower but not much more, the best thing about the adjustables you can raise or lower to suit, and what i like is that the back isnt lower than the front like some suspension set ups, it keeps that nice stance the VXR has like its rear is hunched up ready to pounce on unexpected ST's and GTi's

Comment

The sound of the Milltek is just ace... and there only when you want to hear it.
                          Look forward to the pictures Shane... what's next then?

Comment

what nexts Col, the 4 pot AP brakes when eventually bloody released
                            Stu ?

Comment

Hello Aussie hope you dont mind me asking but how much was your suspension upgrades? Does it get rid of the vague feeling if you are flooring it round B roads? Considering this upgrade instead of miltek and remap. any thoughts? advice?
                              STEALTH

Comment

Working...
                              X