X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi From Another Newbie

Hi everybody!
    I've just registered on the site and thought that I would say hello. I'm on a picture hunt at the moment for blue and black vxr's. The blue is a strange one as it never seems to stay the same, very hard to imagine how it would be to live with during the dull Summer weather.
    Cheers.
    I'll just give it a quick wash!

Hello Magpie; I am sure you will enjoy this site. I drive a blue VXR with 19" alloys. It looks fab but I still really like the colour red. Im sure you receive many examples of various cars in all colours.
    Bye for now.

Comment

Hi Adam,
      The blue does look good, my worry is unwanted attention, or the wrong type of it if that makes sense... have you had any problems with that kind of thing?

Comment

Doesn't matter if it is the Vectra or the Astra once they see the exhausts and the badge you get lots of attention.

Comment

Hi magpie welcome to the site hope you enjoy I have a red one and I am bias so I think red looks best but all colours look good

Comment

Hi welcome to the site, i have an Arden Blue 19" wheels. My son had a silver one on demonstration which i thought looked very plain. I think the Arden Blue does stand out.
            Hope you have as much fun in yours as i'm having in mine. I parked next to Red one recently and i must say they both stand out well.
            Rob D6 VXR

Comment

Thanks for the replies.
              With black I might go insane as they get dirty so quickly, it's between this and the blue still I think. I know it's personal preference but I've briefly seen both the 18" and 19" wheels, they're both nice looking in different ways. Are 18" the softer option? I've only test driven on the 19s so I don't know what to expect from the 18s. The 19s have the lowest tyre wall I've seen in a long time, worrying on today's roads, what do people with the 19s feel about this - any worries?
              Cheers.

Comment

I have been thinking about a VXR myself as my next car, but I want something that will be a bit more of a performance leap over my current car. If only there was a more powerful 4wd version it would maybe be worth my while, still, a nice looking car though :wink:

Comment

Hi Magpie and welcome to the site. I ordered black then changed to blue and so pleased I did. I love black cars and have still got my golf turbo which is black. If you want to stand out go for blue or red if not black or silver, only my opinion as all colours are nice on the VXR.

Comment

What's it like living with a black car knightroturbo? Is the blue really loud, what I like is the changes the blue goes through in different light.

Comment

I have the blue with the 19s and to be honest the car drives great the tyrewall never seems to cause any bother unless you are near high kerbs but then the 18s are similar whatever colour and wheel combo you go for you will not be disappointed I have noticed though on a slight negative that the birds (feathered kind) like the blue which does mean cleaning slightly more

Comment

Cheers mp1, I'm favouring the 18s at the moment, but it'll probably have changed again by the end of the day lol. Plenty of people have the 19s fitted it seems and they aren't complaining about them so like you say whatever combination... it's all good.
                        I wish I'd pass some on the road when I'm out and about to give me a better idea.

Comment

Hi Magpie, as I said I love black cars especially when cleaned, but the downside is keeping them clean. The VX in blue in my opinion is loud and will get you noticed, as for the wheels I think both sizes look like they fill the arches nicely due to the design.

Comment

Originally posted by MagPie
                            Thanks for the replies.
                            With black I might go insane as they get dirty so quickly, it's between this and the blue still I think. I know it's personal preference but I've briefly seen both the 18" and 19" wheels, they're both nice looking in different ways. Are 18" the softer option? I've only test driven on the 19s so I don't know what to expect from the 18s. The 19s have the lowest tyre wall I've seen in a long time, worrying on today's roads, what do people with the 19s feel about this - any worries?
                            Cheers.
                            Mine's Black with 19" wheels, when clean it looks fantastic but keeping it clean is another story (& so it appears is getting replacement Conti Sports!)

Comment

Working...
                            X