This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Owner/Member

Just like to say `Hi` to everyone, I picked up my VXR last night (Thursday 25th May) ....VERY HAPPY . I had a Peugeot 306 GTI-6 before which was a good wee car, but this VXR is Fantastic !!

Welcome to the site my friend , please enjoy and post away. Need any help just ask.

Comment

Hope you enjoy the site look round plenty of info, what colour did you go for

Comment

Hi Scooter and welcome. I always wanted a 306 GTI. I guess in 2000 they were probably the then equivalent of the Astra VXR, sadly I wasn't allowed one on the company car scheme and I had to have the diesel instead (even that shifted).

Comment

Thanks for the welcome`s folks I liked all four colours but chose the `Arden Blue` Jpg, I bought the 306 GTI-6 new in 2000 and imported it from Southern Ireland (saved £5,400 on the UK price of £18,500) back then it was "the top hot hatch" I had looked around at the Golf R32, Astra VRX and the Seat Leon but I was just window shopping ........until the `Better Half` persuaded me to visit the local Vauxhall dealer. They had a Black VXR in the showroom and after drooling over it for some time we went home, for the rest of the day it was all we taked about. Next morning we phoned a couple of Vauxhall Dealers and found one with a demonstrator ......one test drive later it was all over for the Peugeot, what was once a superb car now looked and performed like a P&O Dover Ferry compaired to the VXR (possibly a little harsh). I firstly tried Ireland OPEL Dealers (OPC instead of VXR) for prices but they all came back MORE expensive after exchange Euro-Sterling and minus Vehicle Registration Tax (25% aprox)and minus 21% Ireland VAT so I opted to buy here.

Comment

Hi there and welcome to the mad house lol :wink:

Comment

Welcome to the site

Comment

Woo hoo my first post, glad your enjoying the car, I work at a vauxhall dealer and it is very satisfying taking customers out on testdrives in the VXR range!

Comment

hello there, I'm picking my VXR up on Tuesday. I'm trading in my Peugeot 306 GTI-6 was a fantastic car, sad to see it go, but im sure it won't be missed.

Comment

Working...
                  X