This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boll*ks!

I hate kids! especially those in my cul-de-sac. The wee people were playing football as i came back from work, i was taking my time going past when the wee B* ran out to get his football and i swerved him and i have ever so slightly clipped my alloy off the kerb only about an 1" long the scrap but big enough to be noticed plus the paint or whatever is broken! ARGH.
    How much to get fixed? (Scotland, Glasgow based?) or
    since i would like a spare anyway how much to get the same alloy from Vauxhall with tyre? 18" ones? plus will the 18" alloy fit in the boot recess?
    probably need a jack too? anyone any idea? parts department is closed after 12.
    STEALTH

nightmare. i know chipsaway repair wheels now, don't know how much or how good they are.
    they look quite good on there website.

Comment

used chipsaway few times now and each time a quality job
      usually range between £30 - £50

Comment

does the repaired wheel look the same as the others? how long does it take as with no spare the car would be left virtually just sitting there?
        STEALTH

Comment

Can sympathise you must be gutted - get it fixed asap.

I busted the valance under the front bumper - it's low and very brittle - on the nearside and this also busted the washer bottle

Felt ill at the thought the vxr was imperfect and had to get fixed asap

Comment

18 inch wheel with tyre will NOT fit in your spare recess... The only thing that will is a 17' like the gsi wheels :?

As for ya scratch mate thats gutting always annoying when kids are involved as i would of done the same too.. we all would

Comment

Beg to differ mate as i purchased an identical 18" alloy it does fit in the bay only slight problem is it raises the carpet by roughly an inch but still. :wink:
              STEALTH

Comment

Originally posted by Dvader
                Beg to differ mate as i purchased an identical 18" alloy it does fit in the bay only slight problem is it raises the carpet by roughly an inch but still. :wink:
                Will it fit any better if you deflate the tyre, then when needed use the supplied compressor to inflate ?

Comment

na mate it can still move around a wee bit, its the width or height of the tyre when in the bay thats a wee problem but to be honest it doesnt bother me i know if i get a flat i can replace like for like.
                  STEALTH

Comment

Working...
                  X