Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maybe 1 that the Mothership Dougie etc could Awnser ??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe 1 that the Mothership Dougie etc could Awnser ??

Im sure if any1 used the search function on many of the VXR related site as in here astra sri.co.uk vxr register etc there would be a hell of a lot of posts relating to the lack of paint quality and how easily it seems to be removed from the car, Do we have any feedback on this or any possible explanation as this seems to be a big concern

Steve,
    there are a number of posts relating to wheels and stone chips. Which is it you're looking at ?
    Stu

Comment

Originally posted by the vxr mothership
      Steve,
      there are a number of posts relating to wheels and stone chips. Which is it you're looking at ?
      Stu
      Sorry Stu i was mainly reffering to the ease of stone chips i have even noticed 1 on the roof of mines
      Stevie

Comment

Paint

not had a problem at all with this
        2007 Audi RS4 - sold 2008

Comment

Re: Paint

Originally posted by Andyuk911
          not had a problem at all with this
          Think ul find a very high percentage of VX owners are experiencing theese problems mate !!

Comment

We're looking into the comments on stone chips.
            So far we;ve had more comments on Flame Red than other colours but that seems to be in line with numbers sold.
            We're looking at our fleet of cars to see if there is an issue at all.
            On stone chips in general we don;t seem to be experiencing any major changes now we're out of winter.
            Over the last few years winter months we have seen a significant increase in paintwork damage around here mainly due to the number of councils using more and more chippings.
            We actually track all this on our company cars.
            Stu

Comment

I must say that I accept that you will get stone chips but I have one on the inside of the door how did this happen it looks like the paint has fallen off what do I do with that?
              mines is Flame Red by the way, I did have a corsa sxi in flame red and I have more paint missing from the vxr in 5 months then I did with the corsa in 5 years (I might be driving faster though )

Comment

i have lost count the amount of stones chips i have over the front end, over 10 on the bonnet even a few on the roof i have touched up, the front bumper is absolutly covered in them and i only use the VXR on weekends and thats not every weekend, i think i have already gone through one touch up pen already im now use to touching up a stone chip after every drive, looking like a bonnet and front bumper respray later this year

Comment

I unfortunately would have to concur with everyone else and say that I have done around 2200 miles and I also have the dreaded stone chips popping up on the bonnet and would like the answer on whether warranty would even look at this issue maybe the mothership could help

Comment

Well not so much in defence but I have to say the Vectra has picked up less stone chips than I expected. The bumper is reasonable , I have some, but the bonnet and roof are clear. The bumper seems to have a blue primer???!!

Comment

The Vectra has done 6K miles and is in quite reasonable condition. The Astra has now done 3.5K and it is in reasonable condition, although I did find the condition of the bonnet when I bought the case suspicously good with not one stone chip on it.

Comment

paint

I have stone chips on the front bumper, bonnet, roof, rear wheel arch, and cant believe how easy the paint comes off. We have a honda lease car which has three times as many miles on it and has on stone chips. I had the paint measured for thickness and it was very uneven, 95 microns up too 150 microns,. The guy who measured my paint thinks that there is no clear coat on it. Honda spray clear coat over the top coat Colour, which might help protect the paint. Not sure if this is correct or not. I have flame red too.

Comment

Well I have arden blue and the front of my car is covered in stone chips. I have a few on the bonnet, one on the drivers door and as for the front bumper...it's covered in them.
                          Although I have almost covered 10k now, the damage was done during winter within the first 5k miles. This is the one and only thing I do not like about this car. Other than the apparent thinnest of the paint it's fantastic!!

Comment

Yep I can agree with amount of stonechips - so many on a new car it's embarrassing.
                            (Red again)
                            I would be very interested in whether VXL will address this....
                            Maybe not enough paint prep in a rush to get the cars to the customers ??
                            tuner talk: "Just get out and drive the damn things !!!"
                            The truth is out there ...

Comment

It must be a Vauxhall thing as my Corsa's front splitter and front in general is absolutely ruined by stone chips. I never take the car off tarmac and don't drive in areas where there are many chippings so I don't know where they come from. I have been through an entire touch up bottle!

Comment

Working...
                              X