This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyres

Has anyone worn out their Conti tyres yet - how many miles did it take and with what sort of driving?
    I have just had a rear one replaced due to a puncture but it was a nightmare to source a 19" over the bank hol weekend!
    On a slightly different note, with not driving the car for a couple of days I was suddenly reminded how great a car the Astra is, big smile on my face today after taking her for a spin (& I have been out on the motorbike all weekend!).
    Stephen

Hi Stephen. I have demo cars all the time and i am currently in a blue astra with 19" alloys. I had a nail go in at 450 miles. My last demo car which was red with 19" alloys began to use tread markedly at around 6000 miles. I put the rears up front; my driving was not super rapid but occassional spurts don't help.

Comment

Well I guess I should own up....I had to put new front ones on after 6400 miles!
      I was going to swap the backs to fronts but uneven tyre wear meant that one tyre was illegal (inner indicator was level) and had to be replaced.
      I think the quick tyre wear was caused by a combination of me not been used to the power and spining the wheels a bit and the numerous outings on A and B roads putting that awesome grip to the test.
      I'm now almost have 10k on the clock and the current set of fronts are looking good!
      For reference, I replaced like for like. Have 18" and cost £135 a tyre.

Comment

I think when I come to changing I will be looking to go with Toyo's , although I think the wear rate will be worse but there you go.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky
          I think when I come to changing I will be looking to go with Toyo's , although I think the wear rate will be worse but there you go.
          Yes but they grip better and cost less
          Andy

Comment

Working...
          X