This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 340 BHP Conversion

Im picking up my vxr at the end of the month and im planning the conversion on the link below. Has anyone squeezed this much out of thier engines yet or would the 300bhp be a better option.
    Dont want to burst it in the first month.
    Grateful for any comments

havent seen anyone pull out 340bhp at the flywheel so not sure how that is claimed, the most is 307bhp and thats a Regal job with custom map, exhaust, cams, uprated turbo, induction, cooling, bonnet vents etc etc etc
    you would also wont to start considering full brake upgrades, running gear uprated (gear box etc) so you would be looking at some big money and not just a simple remap and exhaust

Comment

Re: 340 BHP Conversion

Originally posted by m4rtc
      Im picking up my vxr at the end of the month and im planning the conversion on the link below. Has anyone squeezed this much out of thier engines yet or would the 300bhp be a better option.
      Dont want to burst it in the first month.
      Grateful for any comments
      Its complete BS, total pub talk figures. Go to regal if you like chatting about BS performance figures in the pub...
      Go down the proper route....
      Full exhaust inc 200 cell cat....
      Remapped
      say hello to 270-280bhp...
      Then go the chargecooler + intercooler route, maybe squeeze 300 out of it..
      Then upgrade the brakes. You'll find thats quite sufficiant im sure :wink: Theres about £3k in that lot anyway

Comment

340 bhp

forget about 340 bhp it will spoil the car totally,
        stick to a sensible power figure between oe and 300bhp and concentrate on chassis and brakes.
        we know the transmission takes a bit of a beating any higher than 310bhp!!!!!!!!

Comment

oh I dont know.....300+ might be quite a laugh :P

Comment

utter rubbish John

Comment

300bhp would sound just about right :P
              Andy

Comment

guys with a few upgrades u can achieve this power, i ran a 13.3 sec quarter mile here in South africa....300hp is a good way to go with the astra turbo.

Comment

Working...
                X