This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skittish

well had the beast a cupl of wk now and its gr8 but for 1 small thing !!!!! on hard braking in2 a corner or round about the rear feels fairly unstable and has tried to *** round on me ! any1 else noticed this or should i just slow down . not 2 much of a problem as i hav started to anticipate it happening and catch it b4 it goes pear shaped

Yep...sounds about right! Under heavy braking this well happen because all the weight is transferred to the front of the car and make the backend light. The electronics should sort it all out for you though. I have found the trick is to brake lighly. If you really need to slow up, use the gearbox.
    You'll also discover that the car pivots around the gear stick. Once you get used to the handling you'll have even more fun!! It really is a great car round the twisty stuff.
    Sorry if I've just said stuff you already know about! I've almost done 10k in mine now and I rarely get that problem unless I'm going to fast and have to brake really hard! All part of the fun though!

Comment

as Ian says, use your gears, brakes are over rated

Comment

Brakes? Pah! They don't last long on a hard drive anyway :P
        Seriously though, you should be doing your braking as you approach the corner, then back on the power to drag the car out nicely.
        Braking hard while in a corner is likely to end in tears for the reasons Ian has already stated - the weight will always shift.
        Nova 1.6 16v TB's DTA 1/4mile 14.8s

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie
          as Ian says, use your gears, brakes are over rated
          Oh yeah...says the person that's getting new 4-pot brakes fitted when they're released!!! :P
          Originally posted by Phazer
          Braking hard while in a corner is likely to end in tears for the reasons Ian has already stated - the weight will always shift.
          Hmmm...yeah...I used to do that and stopped. Not nice when the car does that although the electronics should sort it out although I'm even the electronics have a limit!
          It's taking me a while but I have finally learnt to drive properly I think! Brake before the corner but use the gears too. The VXR Track day I went on recently helped in this respect too.

Comment

mmmm interesting, I wonder if that is partially what I was experiencing on Sunday, although it wasn't under braking, the sensation was one of the car was about to come around on itself or topple over.

Comment

Working...
            X