X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fifth Gear - VXR vs CDTi 888

Hi All
    Just wanted to let everyone know that this coming Monday 5/6/06, Fifth Gear on channel 5 will be having a shoot out between an Astra VXR and the Astra CDTi 888 to see which is the quicker around the Anglesey circuit, they will be piloted by Vicky Butler Henderson and Sporty Spice (Mel C) baby brother, cannot remember his name at the moment.
    Anyhow should be worth a look, Fifth Gear Channel 5, 8pm - 9pm
    Arden Astra VXR 888 Stage 3

My Astra VXR was for sale but now SOLD !

Will they be driving it backwards with one arm tied to a roof rack whilst whistling dixie?
    sigpic

Comment

Whats yhe 888??

Comment

http://www.autocarmag.com/FirstDrive....asp?RT=219001
        ^thats it dont know how itll keep up with a vxr, unless im missing something!

Comment

I have driven a 888 astra as this is what i went to test drive came away with vxr but dont get me wrong the 888 is fantastic the suspension brakes 200bhp engine its just the vxrs looks its seats and the extra 40bhp

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

From what I have read about the test the 888 was more than a match for the Vxr, handles better apparently, I also thought about one before ordering my VXR, they have a standard SRi interior though, the white one looks very nice from the outside , and it has a whack more torque than the vxr as well, though being a highly tuned SRi 120 I reckon a tuned VXR would completely waste it ....

Comment

I have to say that when pushing the Astra today off a roundabout and onto a stretch of duel carriageway persuing a flying Mondeo TDCI I found the Astra to not be be a bit dissapointing in the handling stakes.

Comment

So what do we all think, is the 888 Diesel going to beat the VXR round the track?
                After my dissapointing experience yesterday I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

Comment

That was a close contest, would have been great to see a VXRPC VXR up against the diesel.

Comment

It all looked a bit scripted to me to be honest, stick the brakes and suspension from the 888 onto the VXR and it would have been a different stpry I think.
                    Astra 1.9 CDTi SRi XP Sporthatch in White plus extra bits.
                    Land Rover LR2 HSE

Comment

Originally posted by Zafira VXR
                      It all looked a bit scripted to me to be honest, stick the brakes and suspension from the 888 onto the VXR and it would have been a different stpry I think.
                      I don't think the VXR tested had a standard exhaust looked like a milltek.

Comment

you are correct

Comment

A timed lap from one driver would have given a better comparison . "Racing" isnt all about who has the fastest car.
                          Andy

Comment

wot a let down im slightly dissapointed in the vxr against a dirty diesel . ah well i know wot to get next time

Comment

What about a link to the Fifth gear VXR vs 888 ???
                              I unfortunately missed it !!!
                              Anyone ???

Comment

Working...
                              X