This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just been remapped

Just come back from the vxr performance centre.
    I drove down there with a fantastic car, i have driven home in an even better one.
    She is nice and smooth on standard, but when you press the magic sports button she really comes alive.
    I had a great couple of hours down at the centre, even had a quick tour.
    Highly recomended.. :P

Hi Alan, so what power output have you got after the map?

Comment

They say it goes to about 280 bhp, but i will see what i get when i can get it on a decent roling road.
      The power increase in sport mode is very noticeable though.

Comment

Congrats Alan! So what 'number' are you?
        I have the same remap....it shocked the hell out of me when Tony pressed that sport button!

Comment

I'm number 16. I know what you mean about the sport button. It was very interesting... :P

Comment

Alan, thanks for the information you sent me. I think I might give them a try.

Comment

Originally posted by alan10
              I'm number 16. I know what you mean about the sport button. It was very interesting... :P
              Err...yeah...you have to be so careful...silly speeds come up very quickly!!!! :s
              6th gear on the motorway is great though...no need to change down!
              I just want to get the full Milltek system now to make the power delivery even smoother.

Comment

I had quite a long journey home, so i have had plenty of time to try and gently get used to it.
                No problem Catherine. If you do get it i am sure you will think it is worth it.

Comment

WHAT WAS THE COST???? ALSO DID YOU GET A QUOTE FOR THE EXHUST WHILE YOU WE THERE ?????

Comment

I had quite a long journey home, so i have had plenty of time to try and gently get used to it.
                    Bliemy, you did didn't you!! I had an 80 mile drive back and it was across country too, no motorways!!! :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by michael parkes
                      WHAT WAS THE COST???? ALSO DID YOU GET A QUOTE FOR THE EXHUST WHILE YOU WE THERE ?????
                      Stage 1 remaps are about £550 across the tuners I think. The full Milltek system is £1200 ish or something. (Price on the VXL website - when it was on there!) I haven't ask about a price from VPC as I cannot afford it and won't be able to for a while yet!

Comment

I have had some costings this morning from VXRPC and I have to say I am impressed with their affordability. Yes of course if you have enverything done it is going to be £000's, but there appear to be some reasonable ways of enhancing your car.

Comment

Re: Just been remapped

Just come back from the vxr performance centre.
                          I drove down there with a fantastic car, i have driven home in an even better one.
                          She is nice and smooth on standard, but when you press the magic sports button she really comes alive.
                          I had a great couple of hours down at the centre, even had a quick tour.
                          Highly recomended.. :P
                          fantastic glad ur enjoying the map - i've had mine for months and i still love the difference in power - though u tend to want to press that sport button alot :wink:

Comment

Alan you mad bugger - isn't it a bit .... well ..... uncontrollable????

Comment

Originally posted by red1
                              Alan you mad bugger - isn't it a bit .... well ..... uncontrollable????
                              It is uncontrollable I'm afraid....only in that you have an uncontrollable urge to show up any other car that dares to try it on as a RX8 found out recently!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X