This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VXRPC

Hello everyone, im new to the VXR world and im just on with swopping my current car soon for a astra. i was just wondering with the stage 2 upgrade the performance center do, ( full exaust and re-map if that is right). could i get away with just having the rear exuast unit for a while and having a the re-map and buying the full exuast at a later date? does the full system make a vast difference to the performance) thanks Ben

Hi Ben Give David and Tony a ring up at VXRPC Im sure they will be able to sort your needs out even for you to test some of the cars before you buy with and without exhausts etc.
    That the whole thing that you can buy the upgrades in moduler form to help with costs too...
    Give em a call

Comment

Hi ben
      as Dougie rightly said, you can have the remap first then the milltek after - two of my mates are currently doing the same due to saving for milltek and i can safely say they are enjoying the remap alot x
      give them a call cos they're a very friendly bunch and will more than likely sort something out for ya :wink:

Comment

davidof
        VXRPC Technical
        Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:36 pm Post subject:
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        What I did say was ,have the remap done as that is where you will feel the biggest difference,this is VXPC prefered route for level 1 There is nothing wrong with the Miltek ,TMS will show you the graphs to prove it gives an increase in power,
        Do the maths its very easy £550 for a remap which has been proven on the strip, gives a definate increase in performance ,or £1300 for a Miltek that makes a fantastic noise ,eggs you on but is no where near the difference a remap does, and that goes for everyone who offers a remap anyone who tells you that an exhaust will give you the same level of tune and feel is just a salesman.
        VXPC sell the miltek ,all VXL dealers sell the Miltek so if it aint working somewhere then we shouldnt be selling it,
        I said to you we have one in stock and thats a lot of money on the shelf.
        Someone will be along soon to put more fuel on the fire Im sure of it but weve had this debate before so I wont be coming back to this one .
        You go with who you trust and I would say ask to try a re map, before you buy, it can be arranged by all if they want the business.
        What I did say was ,have the remap done as that is where you will feel the biggest difference,this is VXPC prefered route for level 1 There is nothing wrong with the Miltek ,TMS will show you the graphs to prove it gives an increase in power,
        Do the maths its very easy £550 for a remap which has been proven on the strip, gives a definate increase in performance ,or £1300 for a Miltek that makes a fantastic noise ,eggs you on but is no where near the difference a remap does, and that goes for everyone who offers a remap anyone who tells you that an exhaust will give you the same level of tune and feel is just a salesman.
        VXPC sell the miltek ,all VXL dealers sell the Miltek so if it aint working somewhere then we shouldnt be selling it,
        I said to you we have one in stock and thats a lot of money on the shelf.
        Someone will be along soon to put more fuel on the fire Im sure of it but weve had this debate before so I wont be coming back to this one .
        You go with who you trust and I would say ask to try a re map, before you buy, it can be arranged by all if they want the business.
        seems everybody has a diffrent view ?????????

Comment

you should have made it obvious that that was a quote from davidof hun x
          and yeah a few ppl do have a different view on it - just go with what u want though at the end of the day
          i have milltek and remap and i love it

Comment

Hey Ben. Welcome to the site and congrats on the VXR!
            I have posted my view on all this on this thread: http://www.vxronline.co.uk/messagebo...opic.php?t=854
            As Dave from VPC (davidof) said, the remap will give the biggest increase in power. The Milltek will improve it. Everyone who has the Milltek loves it and I for one am soooooo jealous!!!

Comment

i also have a remap and milltek (TMS) and think it is great, complements both but yes a remap will give the most power gains, one of the benifit of the milltek is the ability or aid in removing hot gases that the engine and turbo have produced and may allow you to run a more aggressive map without the worry of the engine temps increasing and retarding the ignition which has happened to a few and not just on the rollers (fact) the milltek will also improve the power delivery and throttle response but once again will not make the same power gains (it does increase torque & bhp) that the remap will but many of us will tell you the exhaust note is superb and worth having

Comment

Just been testing the sprint car and I have to say the exhaust note is purely addictive, Car sounds like a WRC car even more pronounced in a car with no soundproofing,
                Popping on gearchanges you would sware the car has an Anti lag system fitted.

Comment

I have Stage 2 with Miltek and so glad I spent my cash on the exhaust. Its just so bl**dy good to listen too. If you have the readies' its worth every penny!
                  PS I ought to say that I went to TMS simply because they treated me like a customer and returned my calls. I'm sure that CS, VXRPC and Regal all make thier customers happy.
                  PPS How many 'bitching' threads have I read tonight on here and Astra-SRi? I just wish you tuner boys would put your handbags away and get on with it.
                  PPPS Whatever happened to the sensible idea of running the same 'tuned' cars on 3 different RR's on same day / same settings etc. that was suggested a couple of weeks ago? Shane volunteered his car I think. Would that have been a bit too factual?
                  Bored with all this **** now

Comment

thanks for the info every 1. i think i will go for the re-map first then get the miltek at a later date. is the price and performance much of the same between all the different tuners? i spoke with a bloke at VXRPC, very friendly and worth a phone call to on price etc.
                    If any 1 knows of a VXR coming for sale in a few months time in black with as many extra on as poss but im not bothered about the leather cos im 6ft 6 and ive heard there a bit bulky and you dont get as much head room. is it true??? thanks every 1 , Ben

Comment

Originally posted by davidof
                      Just been testing the sprint car and I have to say the exhaust note is purely addictive, Car sounds like a WRC car even more pronounced in a car with no soundproofing,
                      Popping on gearchanges you would sware the car has an Anti lag system fitted.
                      Good news Dave, I guess the programming I done on tuesday was ok?
                      Danny

Comment

I Danny , ECU and programme fixed the issue we had, Many thanks for your time, Tom Managed to pop an oil seal at Thruxton, something else for me to fix!!
                        Ill get back to you this week regarding Phase 3.5 ecu
                        Dave

Comment

Working...
                        X