This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astra VXR Video Action

Whilst searching for VXR related stuff on google video, I found this nice little clip of a VXR up against a scooby. How did the VXR get of the line so quick???? when I try that I spin?
    Would be good if there was a video section on the VXRonline site so people could post videos?
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...22463053&q=vxr

That was TMS' car. Not sure exactly what it has but at least a Stage 2 plus inter cooler and probably some other wizzy stuff! I'm sure John from TMS can provide full details!
    Anyway yeah...damn quick of the line!

Comment

Good grief that was quick. Was that a standard STI?

Comment

that was Pete driving the VXR, first run and i believe thats the first run down the strip he has done in the VXR, would have been interesting to see what times he would have run if he went back for the next 2 but he couldnt be bothered sitting in the car for an hour waiting for his next attempt

Comment

Yeah. Running a stage 2 map with a development charge cooler set up.

Comment

so how quick was the vxr in the last clip going they were on a duel carrage
            way could not hear on my quality pc

Comment

What or who was the first car? The thing ran 102 mph!!! Dont look too hard at the et that tells you the traction etc and 14.4 is not good......a rwd car will run 13.5 on 102 mph terminal speed.
              My car ran 14.2 @ 98.6 mph..... VPC remap no miltek
              Also the bloke in the scooby was asleep at the lights....0.9 second rt the thorney car had gone when he woke up! Must say the scooby was slow though....no way a vxr could beat one of them to 60 feet! 5 grand and side step the clutch its like a jack in the box.

Comment

14.2 on the 3rd run ?
                if so what was your first run time?
                the TMS car ran 14.4 on first run and his first 1/4 run in the VXR and it aint his car, he wasnt up to waiting an hour for second run down the track while sitting in the heat would expect that time to possibly improve with each run as most do

Comment

As I said dont think too much about et its the ts you should look at......
                  What was your ts? The first run on that video clip was 102+ mph! it wont make any odds if you wheel spin at the start or bog down, ts will remain the same.

Comment

think the first car was vpc

Comment

i think it was the blue one on the Courtenays stand that ran a 13.5 earlier in the day

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie
                        14.2 on the 3rd run ?
                        if so what was your first run time?
                        the TMS car ran 14.4 on first run and his first 1/4 run in the VXR and it aint his car, he wasnt up to waiting an hour for second run down the track while sitting in the heat would expect that time to possibly improve with each run as most do
                        You say that mate.. But i've taken my LCR to Pod on three occasions now and on each occasion I ran my quickest time of the day on my first run.. :?
                        It's just down to whether you get a perfect run or not really..
                        In matey's case, he may improve a bit, as as you say, it wasn't his car..
                        With a 102mph terminals, you should be easily getting in to the 13's (13.8ish i'd say).. What power is that VXR running by the way?

Comment

Santa Pod

Pity it didnt show the Klasson / Courtenay car that did a 13.4, it really flew..wasted a Phase3 Astra G and a 280bhp German Astra H sports hatch.

Comment

Working...
                          X