X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW TO Replace Pollen Filter

Open your glove box and remove the 4 screws holding it in:

Next you need to unclip the light, this just simply pops off using your fingers or a small flat head screw driver, depending how strong you are (If you use a screw driver, becareful not to scratch down the side of your glovebox)

Once all the fasteners are out, just give the glove box a gentle tug and it will come out. DO NOT start yanking it, its only plastic and there are wires etc behind it that you could potentially damage.

Once out, get your head in the new found space, and you will see this little cover, behind it is the pollen filter . Undo the 2 bolts and unclip the clip at the top and bottom. NOTE: The little clips were a pain in the ***** to get off, they just need a good pull (lol) but they will come off eventually. Just be patient with them.

Once off, you will see your pollen filter. I found it quite hard to get a decent grip on it to pull it out. So I got a scriber and put that in to hook it out far enough to grab:

Then grabbed it:

Old Vs New:

And all the rubbish that came out the housing:

So took the oppourtunity to get my accomplice out and tidy abit, meet Charles:

After that just do things in reverse. Put the new one in, put the cover on, making sure the little foam seal in on:

Put your glovebox back in, tidy up and enjoy your new fresh air

Thanks
    Mike
    VXR-Less

But now an Evo IX FQ-360

Ah need to do mine aswell so good nice tips there mate
    sigpic
    Progress Thread
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...04#post1982104
    WANTED:
    SMD, LSD, CDTI, RARB......Poss hybrid in the future

Comment

Top guide,mine will be getting changed this weekend.im hoping mine doesn't come out that colour must have put extra strain on the fan motor surely!

Comment

Top guide! Cheers. Anyone got a part number? I'd like to get it delivered not go to the stealer's if possible.
        Stage 3 Arden Astra GONE
        Hello EVO 9 FQ-340 (now 420 BHP/ 430 ft-lb/s)

Comment

Originally posted by zefal View Post
          Top guide! Cheers. Anyone got a part number? I'd like to get it delivered not go to the stealer's if possible.
          Have a scan here : http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nk....c0.m270.l1313
          sigpic

Arden Blue // Aero Pack // Blue Nappa leather Seats // Dual Zone Climate Control // Navi 600 // Rear Tints // Electric Folding Mirrors // Tire Pressure Monitoring System // Premium Lighting Pack // Rear Parking Sensors // Driving Assistance Pack

Comment

Thanks Rosco. Am I right in assuming that all Astra's H cars have same pollen filter as VXR?
            Stage 3 Arden Astra GONE

Comment

Just had a look at my old recepit from the service. I think it's 13175553 - Particle Filter
              VXR-Less

But now an Evo IX FQ-360

Comment

Cheers Mike wondered where it was! Got a new filter and did mine this avo! Filthy it was.

Comment

Thanks Mike, got the part number noted and check it with eBay items
                  Stage 3 Arden Astra GONE

Comment

just wanna say a big thx for this thread, changed mine cause i saw this, lol, slightly different on zaffy,but needed doing, was totally black!!

cheers

Comment

Pleasure mate, glad to see people find it useful
                      VXR-Less

But now an Evo IX FQ-360

Comment

slightly different behind the zaffy box, but fairly self explanitory, n1

Comment

Would they do this on a major service? My astras a '60' plate artic, when's recommended to have it changed? Cheers all!
                          Wil.

Comment

im not sure to b honest, but when u look at the service kits on ebay etc, pollen filters are included in the kit, so i would have thought they prob would, see what other responses u get,lol

Comment

BIG thanks mate made it much easier having the pic

Comment

Working...
                              X