This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW TO set the gap between intermittent wipers

When wipers are not on, hold down the stalk. The wipers will come on and stay on for the duration of the hold.

HOWEVER, the length of the hold will determine the length of gap between you intermittent wipers.

When engine is turned off, the car returns to the factory setting.

now thats a new one on me thanks for the info pd hows pussy ?
    sigpic
    stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
    M.U.F.C.
    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

She juuuuuuuuuust fine... (says PD as he strokes the head)

Comment

I have the optional Sight and light pack with Rain-sensitive windscreen wipers which to activate is the same action on the stalk to put on intermittent ie one flick up. Wipers swoosh (as the song goes ) according to how hard it's raining (or when it's not raining that much, how fast your going :wink: ) Don't think holding stalk down on mine does anything (?)

Comment

I think you're right there Napster.

I do think that this is a particularly bad design by vauxhall (on the standard wipers) as how do you know that the windscreen has got wet enough to wipe if setting the gap on the intermittent wipers involves the wipers being on constantly!
          Sold - Arden Blue Astra VXR on 19's
          Ordered - Pure White Golf GTI on 18's (couldn't stomach paying for 19" tyres any more!)

Comment

When wipers are not on, hold down the stalk. The wipers will come on and stay on for the duration of the hold.

HOWEVER, the length of the hold will determine the length of gap between you intermittent wipers

this is right and wrong, if u just push wiper stalk dwn once to get a single wipe.its the time between wen u do one wipe and then switch intermittent on that sets it,u dnt hold it dwn,try flickin it dwn once and clicking it straight up after a sec and they wil nearly be on constant.

Comment

Working...
            X