This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW TO use keyless entry

Imagine the car is locked, and you are walking towards it.

Keys in pocket, walk towards the car. The car will be locked and remain so until you pull either handle or boot catch. Once pulled, the car unlocks.

Push the stop/start to start car. This will only work if you FOOT IS ON THE CLUTCH or BRAKE. Hold it down until the engine starts fully, it is NOT just one quick push and everything starts.

Once journey ends, stop engine via button and get out of car, closing all doors. There are 2 horizontal strips on both door handles. Touch the strips WITH ANYTHING (i.e finger, hand, bum if you want), once to lock it, and twice to alarm and immobilise it.

The plastic piece of rubbish you were given that looks like a glove compartment key is you SPARE CAR KEY should the keyless system fail.

omg this just gets better. i put my car away last night, pulled out my key fob and remembered this post. fingered the door, and clunk! awesome

Comment

Fingered the door? I know we love our cars but please... lol[/u]

Comment

Sometimes the system becomes sticky and does not work brilliantly I have found.

Comment

Originally posted by Arden_One
          Sometimes the system becomes sticky and does not work brilliantly I have found.
          Sounds a bit like too much "fingering"

Comment

its funny when you tell your mates to Finger the door handle to lock the car and they cant get it to work as it has to be done gentle

Comment

My Mrs hates me saying that, 'give her some finger' I say when we get out. I find it to be tempremental some times too....... Try using 2 fingers

Comment

Well i know i will sound dum saying this but i use to think if you walk away from the car it will lock by itself, but boy was i wrong, you have to do the finger thing or lock it with your thob.....Dont know if anyone else has been doing this with keyless entry, make sure you dont as the car stays unlocked ........

Comment

It only locks itself if you unlock it and dont open any door for around 1 minute.

Comment

Is this on all speck VXR's?

It's just that I can't get it to work

Comment

it is an optional extra. that is why you cant get it to work :wink:

Comment

ROFL

LMFAO

:P

:P

Comment

it is an optional extra. that is why you cant get it to work
                          That would be the reason then

Comment

i never got that on a list as opitonal extras thats never reyt
                            sigpic proud owner of astra vxr n custom vivaro nurburg

Comment

Originally posted by Arden_One
                              It only locks itself if you unlock it and dont open any door for around 1 minute.
                              This works for the normal "key" entry. As long as you don't open any doors after unlocking the car, it will re-lock itself. Lock only though, not dead lock!

Comment

Working...
                              X