This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW TO get up coolant temp for cd30

heres how to find temp on cd30 , press settings button till it beep's then press the bc button 8 or 9 times till this pic comes up

this is your temp on the bottom , then scroll back to the last pic you had on eg miles left in petrol .
    sigpic
    stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
    M.U.F.C.
    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

ok in addition to this here is a couple of photos and a how to with out climate control.

the radio CDC30

Press and hold the SETTINGS button untill it bleeps.

Press the BC button 9 times untill this screen is shown.

The OT: is the engine coolant temp.

Comment

Does coolant temp have any guideance or link with oil temp. I notice I reach coolant temp 65 very swiftly and assume that I can start to hammer it around this point.

Comment

I only Boot it when its around 85-89 as i know the car is hot and ready to go..........60 is a bit early... I have been told..lol

Comment

yep get her in to the 80's first.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Coolant and oil temperatures are not directly related so you should not be looking at the coolant temp for getting ready to hammer it a bit. The safest way is to wait for around 10 minutes when starting cold or a 4-5 minutes if used less than 4 hours ago.
            Or you could just connect a PocketPC to the OBDII connector and check out temperatures from there (thatś what I do)
            Blue Arden Astra OPC

Comment

I am so happy to see this thread. I didn't think any BC was on my car's CD 30MP3 stereo system. I tried it this morning, and it worked and I could see that the "V" figure it the speed (pretty cool to have a digital speedometer too). Do you guys know what all the other figures and displays mean? Like, what is the "Sens:" figure for?
              sigpic

Comment

nope :?
                sigpic
                stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                M.U.F.C.
                http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Sens is the ambient air temp sensor in the front grill.

Comment

this is pretty cool

i just figured out today that the V is velocity in kph, i havn ead this thread for a while. although, my speedo appears to be over reading, just a touch

Comment

temp sens

fantastic thread.just tried it.worked a treat.noticed that the third press gives you the altenator output.if anyones interested.like if your running a big ice system.

Comment

My Board Computer screen looks nothing like this and I had the CD 30 MP3 (before changing for Alpine HU) Is the graphic information display that I have because I have climate control? Does this all work the same with the gid or cid?
                        (Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere - not had time to look)

Comment

Pocket PC Connection

Originally posted by mxa055
                          Coolant and oil temperatures are not directly related so you should not be looking at the coolant temp for getting ready to hammer it a bit. The safest way is to wait for around 10 minutes when starting cold or a 4-5 minutes if used less than 4 hours ago.
                          Or you could just connect a PocketPC to the OBDII connector and check out temperatures from there (thatś what I do)
                          How do you connect your PPC up? Where do you get the software / leads etc?

Comment

cool just tryed it and its all there

SEAT CUPRA K1 BTCC LIMITED EDITION 320BHP /
                            REVO REMAP / FULL MILLTECK ZORST/ CARBON MIRRORS /

Comment

does this work with the CD30MP3 unit? just that my setting button is down where the theam button is on the pic alex-c psted.
                              Last edited by Alex Groves; 16 October 2007, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X