This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW TO fit dump valve

1 Here is the dump valve fitted into the boost pipe using the fitting kit that comes supplied, you could alternatively use a courtney silicone pipe with dump valve 'tee' off, or a Regal power pipe etc, as you would then not have to cut the original boost pipe and use the fitting kit.

2 Once you have fitted the dump valve and fitting kit into the boost pipe and re - fitted it, you need to run the vacum hose, i ran mine behind the intake plenum and in the clips already there, i also used black vacum hose so it didnt stand out.

3 The Fuel pressure regulator is underneath this hose that im pointing at, remove this pipe and you can carry out the next few steps easy.

4 This is the fuel pressure regulator

5 You will now need a T peace so you can 'T' into the vacum line for the fuel pressure regulator and run the vacum to the dump valve. If you dont get one in the kit, you can get these from your local motor shop

6 Fit it to the end of the Dump valve vacum pipe like so
    Remove the right angled pipe from the fuel pressure regulator and pull the right angled bit off the hard plastic vacum pipe, you will now want a little piece of vacum hose to fit on the 'T' piece so it comes from from the hard plastic pipe to the 'T' piece, then the right angled rubber pipe goes on the other side of the 'T' piece and back onto the pressure - it should look like this. It may sound confusing, but once you see it, it is pretty much self - explanatry.

7 After that, refit your induction hose, make sure all pipes are on and clips are done up tight etc. Start it up and give it a rev, you should get a TISSHHHHH.

thanks to dazturbo6502

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Dave I have the other dump valve to yours! how loud is your dv??

Comment

its about wright i would say not too over the top, is better after stage2

Comment

Hope this comes in Useful People :wink:
        sigpic
        My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Comment

This is worth a look as well. FROM COURTENAYS WEB SITE

Dump Valve Fitting Recommendations
          This is a guide for fitting a dump valve and eliminating dump valve related drivability issues on Astra G and H, Zafira A and B and VX220 fitted with the Z20LET - LEL – LER - LEH engines.

The dump valve for these engines must be a twin piston unit as the car has air mass metering. The twin piston unit stops the valve breathing un-metered air on vacuum, confusing the engine ECU.

How a Dump Valve Works
          Traditionally a dump is fitted in the boost pipe close the inlet manifold; it has a vacuum - boost trigger pipe taken from the inlet manifold between the throttle body and the engine. When driving the car hard on boost there is boost pressure pushing on the dump valve, however there is equal boost pressure pushing on the dump valve diaphragm on the other side. This holds the dump valve shut in equilibrium. When you lift off the throttle the throttle body closes this creates a vacuum in the manifold thus in the boost – trigger pipe, this vacuum pulls on the dump valve diaphragm and with the boost pressure in the inlet pipe pushes the valve open releasing the air into the engine bay with a whoosh.

How is this Vauxhall Engine Different ?
          These engines work as above, with one major difference. The boost - vacuum trigger pipe is run through a vacuum storage capsule, and a solenoid that is triggered by the engine ECU. There are switches on the pedals so the ECU knows when you de-clutch and trips the solenoid to create the vacuum quicker to the original equipment recirculation dump valve built into the side of the turbo.

This vacuum solenoid arrangement is also used on part throttle to regulate the air mass to the engine, i.e. when the turbo is trying to make boost due to its small size but the load demands and throttle angle do not require boost, it opens and shuts the factory re-circ valve to regulate boost improving drivability, kind of like a secondary throttle.

This is the source of the trouble. If you use this trigger source (i.e. from the original vacuum storage) for the aftermarket dump valve it will pulse the new valve on part throttle, the previously metered air is then released into the engine bay and will cause driveability issues on the fuelling. In some circumstances the car will also go lean, in this situation the TC (traction control) light can come on.

The Fix
          The cure is to give the aftermarket dump valve its signal from a true non interrupted vacuum source; we recommend the fuel pressure regulator (see picture below). For further improved driveability, it is possible to leave the original equipment valve still working so the engine management can regulate, control and pulse this valve. However the aftermarket valve will operate slightly quieter.

Comment

Can i just thank you vxr dave,

I used this guide to fit my dump valve.

THANK YOU

Comment

Can i just thank you vxr dave,

THANK YOU

Comment

you can say that again
                stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by david cobley
                    Can i just thank you VXR dave,

THANK YOU
                    Thank ME matey.....I made up the 'How to' from my car
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dazturbo6502
                      Originally posted by david cobley
                      Can i just thank you VXR dave,

THANK YOU
                      Thank ME matey.....I made up the 'How to' from my car
                      Thank you

Comment

what dumpys can ya have on these because i asked for one at courtney and mines a lot different from the one that is in the pics at top were do i get one from ?
                        sigpic proud owner of astra vxr n custom vivaro nurburg

Comment

LMF

Comment

Ive just fitted my bailey d/v to my astra using this guide so thanks alot to those involved with the how to and the write up

Comment

'How - To' was courtesy of me

Glad it helped
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X