This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Head Unit

My Wife bought me a Pioneer AVH-3200DVD for my birthday (got it a few weeks early)

I used the old wiring harness from the old Pioneer HU I had, as I'd already for the steering wheel connections.

Wiring Harness

Next was to connect the powered Fakra aerial to the 5v accessory wire

And this is the connects2 canbus steering control adaptor

Double DIN cage fitted.

Connected up to make sure everything works before securing

Radio Tuned In

DVD Playback

I'm VERY happy with it. Sound is much better than the old Pioneer DEH7000UB I had, and it's made me want to upgrade the standard speakers now to make the most of the new HU.

Looks good mate. Neat job.
    Astra - Power Red
    Courtenay Sport - Stage 3

NOW: Astra J - White
    Let's see what happens with this one...

Comment

looks good mate, wot made you go for this and not the vxmmi if you dont mind me askin???

2008 Arden Astra with a hint of Black

Comment

Originally posted by DICKO1 View Post
        looks good mate, wot made you go for this and not the vxmmi if you dont mind me askin???
        Money! This was half the price of the VXMMI.

Comment

Looks good that mate. Would look better with a piano black dash I think though? These stereos always seem to look a little out of place with the silver.
          '56' Arden Astra VXR : 19s,Bluetooth,Cruise Control,Xenon Hella Dynabeams,Glovebox Aircon,Check Control,Auto Locking Doors/Anti-Hijack,Piano Black Dash,VXMMI,Parking Sensors,Rear View Camera,SMD Conversion,CC Bootstrip,VXR Indicator Decals,Courtenay Brake Ducts,Insignia Washer Jets,Armrest,Wind Deflectors,Shiny & Carbon Engine Bits,Short Aerial,VXR Tax Disc Holder,Opel Rear Surround,VXR Buckle Covers.

Comment

Looks good. I have just got a similar unit. I didnt need to wire in the 5v feed to the aerial connector though.....is this something that needs to be done?

Comment

You have a good wife buying you presents like that, Lucky you! lol....Head unit looks great, and canny pics

Obsessed is a word that the lazy use to describe the dedicated!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark_VXR View Post
                Looks good. I have just got a similar unit. I didnt need to wire in the 5v feed to the aerial connector though.....is this something that needs to be done?
                It depends on which fitting kit you get. My brother didn't with his that we fitted to his Corsa, as it was built into the ISO block.

Comment

That looks awesome mate.
                  Your wife must love you lol
                  Would like to do more,

Milltek cat back, Whiteline RARB, Cruise Control, Light & Sight Pack, Parrot Blue Tooth Hands free Phone Connection & both rear fog lights working

Comment

looks good mate

Comment

very nice mate looks good

Comment

thats a special woman youve got....any sisters??

Comment

does this work with your steering wheel controls? if so whats the model number?

Comment

scrap that ^ i looked at the pics before reading the info.

Comment

looks great mate oh and thundercats rock lol

Comment

Working...
                              X