Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't got a side on with them on the car yet sorry mate as they are back off whilst the final version of the carriers are being made. I do have a face on shot of it on the disc. This is a 345mm Vectra VXR disc.

And the pads:

Are you running Porsche 996 rear calipers? I looked into a set of those but these turned up. The pots on these are bigger than the 996 rears. I read on a VW forum that on a Golf some people running the Porsche ones had issues in that they had really good initial bite but after that not a lot left and so a caliper with bigger pots would give better feel and progression.

You got yours fitted yet?
    18" BBS CH, Bilstein B8, Dap-R, Whiteline RARB, Quaife LSD, Aston DB9 Brembos, Forge re-circ, Miltek turbo back, Cdti conversion with K&N panel filter, Oil restrictor bolt, Forge fmic, Courtney Sport Brake cooling ducts and fog delete, SPA and Stack gauges.

BUILD THREAD HERE

Comment

Love that!

Sent Using Galaxy S4 On Tapatalk Yo!
      sigpic

Total Vauxhall Featured Astra Vxr 350bhp - 400ftlb

Instagram - Scotty02Harrison

Progress Thread, Click Here!

Comment

Cheers mate. I'm pleased with how its all coming together. Just wish it was tidier. Have a couple more little mods to do and then after my trip to the ring in May its getting some serious tidying up.

As you can just make out in the pictures of the wheels a couple of posts above my wheels look like they have impetigo. This happened after I went to watch a mate at Castle Combe the day after I had lacquered the wheels. . . basically I ended up hitting the track and melting the paint. I genuinely thought the heat may bake it on. Instead I had molten paint standing out from the wheels where they had spun. Anyway, they are being re-done once the car is back and the brakes are on. I decided this was the perfect time to play.

Roughly masked the letters:

Dusted with the silver I used for my rear calipers to match them into the fronts, un-masked. Wet and dried the rest to leave the silver in the recess.

They look crap up close but just to see what they look like with the writing painted. Opinions appreciated. Will be done properly when the re-furb gets done.
        Last edited by Aideo; 24 February 2014, 11:52 PM.
        18" BBS CH, Bilstein B8, Dap-R, Whiteline RARB, Quaife LSD, Aston DB9 Brembos, Forge re-circ, Miltek turbo back, Cdti conversion with K&N panel filter, Oil restrictor bolt, Forge fmic, Courtney Sport Brake cooling ducts and fog delete, SPA and Stack gauges.

BUILD THREAD HERE

Comment

Finals of the carriers are complete. Going in Wednesday for one final fit. All being well the carriers will be anodised that night. Then all fitted with the new shocks on Thursday.

Also have cruise control going in on Sunday and a new boot strip on the way. Productive week all round.

BUILD THREAD HERE

Comment

BIG UPDATE

Car went in last Wednesday to have the brakes and Bilsteins fitted. After a few little issues including having to source some longer wheel bolts and machine some carrier bolts down they are finally on. Cannot thank Jamie at TRD enough. I'm made up with them. Currently bedding them in. Going back next week to give it all a once over. On the way home the pedal felt a bit long but seems to have balanced out now. Being re-bled next week after they've done a few miles and heat cycles. Anyway, time for some pictures.

Caliper carriers - anodised to protect from the elements.

Loving this picture:

Itching to re-furb my wheels now. People spend so long looking at the brakes now and the wheels look knackered . . . #becausetrackcar

Courts fog light delete kit going on tomorrow and going to attempt at making a rear diffuser. Cars in for a big service and mot this month; then hopefully replace the tx fmic with a forge one and get some gauges sorted. Cash donations welcomed

BUILD THREAD HERE

Comment

Looking good fella
              Arden Astra VXR WGM350 stage 4.5
              Progress thread.......Instagram Chris.Lee 1973 http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...uilt-Astra-VXR
              W G Motorworks

Comment

Looks great. Do you have any stance pics?

I had B8's fitted recently and I have Eibach Sportline springs which I am not keen on now. I have a set of DapR's in the loft and I can't decide between fitting them or some Eibach ProKit ones

Ta

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoFred View Post
                  Looks great. Do you have any stance pics?

I had B8's fitted recently and I have Eibach Sportline springs which I am not keen on now. I have a set of DapR's in the loft and I can't decide between fitting them or some Eibach ProKit ones

Ta
                  Hopefully have some better pictures soon courtesy of a photographer mate. Il put them up when I do. I love how mine sits, just right in my eyes but that's not why I chose what I chose. I wanted a good handling set-up for when I get to hit a few more tracks. If you have a set of springs up for sale once you've decided I know two people who would be interested.

BUILD THREAD HERE

Comment

Ah cool

I am just looking for a setup that does not scrub! I blame it on my wheels - TSW Pace 18" ET35 and 15mm spacers, or summit like that.

Thanks again

Comment

Your not from east kilbride are you mate? Seen a arden astra tht sounded epic tonight and the reggie was sorta like your username
                      sigpic

Comment

Wow mate love the car and those wheels are stunning

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoFred View Post
                          Ah cool

I am just looking for a setup that does not scrub! I blame it on my wheels - TSW Pace 18" ET35 and 15mm spacers, or summit like that.

Thanks again
                          My wheels are 18" ET40. No spacers on the rear. Running a 5mm spacer on the front to clear the calipers. Never had an issue with scrubbing, even when carrying 4 people.

Originally posted by big1.chris View Post
                          Your not from east kilbride are you mate? Seen a arden astra tht sounded epic tonight and the reggie was sorta like your username
                          No mate sorry. I'm from Gloucestershire.

Originally posted by Vxdan View Post
                          Wow mate love the car and those wheels are stunning
                          Thanks mate, im pleased with hows its going. Just needs some tidying up . . . starting with the wheels.

BUILD THREAD HERE

Comment

How are the brakes bedding in? Pedal feel better
                            Flintstone powered VXR

Comment

Good cheers mate. Pedal feels "normal" now. Feels natural and progressive. No extra travel to speak of. Have a good strong feel and as soon as the pads have some heat they have a really good bite. Yet to try them on track. Can definitely say im pleased though. Look the part too.

BUILD THREAD HERE

Comment

Little update. Finally got in to gear and tidied up my wheels. They were looking pretty sorry for themselves. Before the tidy up I had a bit of an idea about a colour change. I thought I may go a Volk Racing style bronze. Did so research and found a really good match. Looked really smart off the car or when the car was in the shade but when the sun caught it, it was just too bright a combination for me.

So ended up going back to Anthracite. Now they are done and back on they make the whole car look a little fresher. Quite pleased with the out come.

Not much happening at the moment as i'm off to the Ring next month and then on to Poland in the car for a wedding. Lots of bits lined up though.

BUILD THREAD HERE

Comment

Working...
                                X