fault code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fault code

hi I got this fault code 124358 I knows it's to do with the boost side of things so I replace all vac lines , recirculation valve , did a rear bcs delete fitted a intercooler and put on a new boost solenoid and wiped the code. it stayed of for about 100 miles then came back on so I had another look and setted up my turbosmart actuator again and the code went off for a bit then came back so I had a look again and noticed the banjo/swivel nipple was leaking so I put a new nipple on and the code went off for about 60 miles now its came back on have any one got any ideas of what is causeing the code to keep coming back on do . thanks ashley

What type of recirculation valve did you use?
    Last edited by Andyb712; 13th October 2019, 02:26 AM.
    2009 Astra H Vxr arden blue uprated gearbox endcase with bigger bearings, 3" cobra catback non res with toyosport 2.5 double decat, mtc crossover delete and tophat

Planning to go stage 3/3.5 eventually

Comment

I fitted a turbosmart recirculation valve with the indent side part at 10 o'clock. it's just strang that it goes of for a few days or at least 50+ miles then comes back on

Comment

Bit of a strange one this as you have done all the usual checks parts changing etc when dealing with this code

I'm inclined to think maybe you have a few vacuum hoses muddled up maybe you didn't do the the bcs bypass correctly

Did you leave the rear bcs plugged in ? and ran a vacuum hose straight from the recirculation valve to the little brass fitting on the top left side of the inlet manifold it's just underneath the throttle body on the side closest the brake fluid reservoir

And then use a t piece for the fuel pressure regulator on the left hand side of the fuel rail

Is this how you have it setup ?
        Last edited by Andyb712; 13th October 2019, 02:31 AM.
        2009 Astra H Vxr arden blue uprated gearbox endcase with bigger bearings, 3" cobra catback non res with toyosport 2.5 double decat, mtc crossover delete and tophat

Comment

yh I can't work out what's going on. I went from the nipple from the inlet manifold, t piece to the fule regulator, t piece to my boost gauge then to my recirculation valve. I used new 3mm vacuum hose and used little cable cableties on the t pieces to make sure they dont leak. I left the rear boost solenoid plugged in and rear bcs with no hose to it as when I 1st did the rear bcs delete I left 1 hose in from the black box to the rear boost solenoid and the code was stuck on and it came stright back on once cleared so some one told me to remove all hose from the black bok and solenoid and then the code cleared but came back after about 50 miles

Comment

Post a pic up of the front bcs on the turbo

Seen a few people hook up the vacuum hoses the wrong way around

Not saying you have just trying to help you rule out possible causes

Also do you still have the original actuator to put back on just to rule out if it is the turbosmart actuator causing it?

Comment

sorry for the late reply. I found that my swivel nipple on my actuator was leaking so I replaced it with a new one from what I had spare from my recirculation valve cleared the code it stayed off for 90 miles then came back on. I have got another code as well now which is 042011 I think that's to do with the sports cat I got on my remus exhaust. I have got the old actuator some where but not to sure where to . Could it be where I fitted a uprated recirculation valve and actuator to the car but not had it mapped yet? . as the springs are more stronger. and the only other thing I fitted was a gearbox breather kit. here's a picture of the vac pipes.
              Last edited by ash121186; 30th October 2019, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X