This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Astra VXR VXRacing No 265

Just a few pictures showing my new Astra VXR, which has replaced my old Corsa VXR. I'm very pleased with it and I can't stop laughing whenever I see it. My last two cars have been black and therefore not really noticeable. Now I have a bright red one with shiny black bits on and every chav, pikey and teenager that walks past looks at it . I'm not sure if my personality can pull it off, but my brother has bought me a baseball cap to wear so that I can look the part .

As for the way it drives, well I haven't opened up the taps on it yet but there is definitely more under the bonnet than in the Corsa and the smoothness of the controls are a joy to behold. The Corsa handles better and stops better though. Come next year that will be different .
    All in all I think the Astra is better if you want a fast, capable hatch that is also relaxing to drive. The Corsa is a bit too much hard work for me although I'll always love the driving experience.

Anyway, on with the pictures. There's a few blurry ones due to my ancient camera but most are decent enough:

sigpic
    Astra VXR | VXRacing Edition No 265 | Bluetooth | Cruise Control
    TMS Stage 2 map, Milltek, Bilstein B14 coilovers, Quaife LSD and AP Racing 4 pots.

very nice
    im ot sure if its just me or the pictures but the car looks a tad high,just check if they have removed the suspension transport blocks out of the springs as dealers have been known to leave these in,if their not its just ignore me lol
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tigertin25 View Post
      very nice
      im ot sure if its just me or the pictures but the car looks a tad high,just check if they have removed the suspension transport blocks out of the springs as dealers have been known to leave these in,if their not its just ignore me lol
      Checked when I picked it up mate, no blocks. I think the effect of massive black wheels on the car make it look that way.
      sigpic
      TMS Stage 2 map, Milltek, Bilstein B14 coilovers, Quaife LSD and AP Racing 4 pots.

Comment

Very Nice David
        Fancy and taken to show Volker next year again?

Comment

yeah your right mate,they look normal when i look again
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dougie View Post
            Very Nice David
            Fancy and taken to show Volker next year again?
            Thank you Dougie.
            Only if your paying. I can't afford another £800 weekend, 1 month before my insurance renewal again. I only just survived last time!
            sigpic

Comment

Did you take the griffon off or do they not coem with it ????

Nice though fella

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphvxr View Post
                Did you take the griffon off or do they not coem with it ????

Nice though fella
                I asked the dealership to take it off for me before I picked it up. I never really liked them.
                sigpic

Comment

very nice pal looks ace these r growing on me big time.
                  sigpic
                  STAGE 3 BHP???
                  FULL REMUS-RARB-DAP R's-The Best Percy's CDTI Air box Panal Filter, Highflow Tophat, Oil restictor bolt & Breather-8000k HID's-Hella Bi Xenon Headlights-Forge Re Circ Valve-Glenn Yale Bling-Baileys D/V-Arden Rocker Cover-Black Defuser-Tints-Wind Deflectors-Interior & Reg Xenon Bulbs-Pressed Privert Plate.......

Comment

These are growing on me every time I see one although I still really hate the black side strips. Love the interior though with the red stitching. Enjoy it mate!
                    '56' Arden Astra VXR : 19s,Bluetooth,Cruise Control,Xenon Hella Dynabeams,Glovebox Aircon,Check Control,Auto Locking Doors/Anti-Hijack,Piano Black Dash,VXMMI,Parking Sensors,Rear View Camera,SMD Conversion,CC Bootstrip,VXR Indicator Decals,Courtenay Brake Ducts,Insignia Washer Jets,Armrest,Wind Deflectors,Shiny & Carbon Engine Bits,Short Aerial,VXR Tax Disc Holder,Opel Rear Surround,VXR Buckle Covers.

Comment

red stitching looks frapping awesome, best feature of the car.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidVXR View Post
                        Now I have a bright red one with shiny black bits on and every chav, pikey and teenager that walks past looks at it . I'm not sure if my personality can pull it off, but my brother has bought me a baseball cap to wear so that I can look the part

The Car looks stunning mate, absolute top notch.

Comment

very nice Dave

big difference to your black corsa mate.....

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie View Post
                            very nice Dave

big difference to your black corsa mate.....
                            Thanks Shane.

I'll miss my Corsa as it was great fun to drive but I feel I've made the right decision by changing it for the Astra. If I win the lottery, I would track down my old Corsa and buy it back though.
                            sigpic

Comment

they both have their place mate but you will soon forget about your little black corsa, and how can you not, just look how bright your astra is

Comment

Working...
                              X