• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My LAP at the Ring 11/10

just thought i wouls share with you guys
    my second ever lap what a track. about 5 mins in a m3 is great fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csoUySs0l6g

nice vid. me and a few mates are going over in 2010 cant wait!!

Comment

Yep well done, it's always easier to follow someone who knows to circuit (BMW). Did you notice how he sacrificed entry speed & get a good turn in to get on the power earlier?

Comment

Nice bit of driving there mate.

Comment

Top vid mate

Comment

nice 1 chap not bad 4 your second ever lap

Comment

yer cheers guys was bloody great fun! yer the bmw was great fun to follow he must of went around 20 times that day when he let me past i was scared as he was on my bumper as he knew it. its so different from the playstation lol
              he loved letting the back end out

Comment

Originally posted by NDK2008 View Post
                just thought i wouls share with you guys
                my second ever lap what a track. about 5 mins in a m3 is great fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csoUySs0l6g
                Please dont take this the wrong way m8, but you say its your 2nd ever lap, somehow i cant see it, either you have done a lot more laps and not saying or someone else is driving it, the only reason why i say this is because of one corner in particular, when you come into Adenau Forest it has a double left bend which even an experanced driver can be caught out with, its the area where most photographers can deff get a car running off, your line is perfect in every way, i have driven the ring a good few times now and can manage to drive the right line for this bend, but you have mastered it on your second.

If it is you then i hold my hat off to you m8, some fantastic driving even if you have driven it a lot, but at your second lap that is dam good.
                Like you said, playing it on a PS is nothing to the real thing, the PS doesnt replicate the true graidance of the track and will never teach you the lines, it will only give you a guide of the track.

Were you there all this week, if so please say you went on the GP circuit as it was open, that has to be the beast track to drive.

Like i said, please dont take it the wrong way, its good driving either way with good lines, we will be heading back out early part of next year so would be good to try and huck up
                sigpic

Comment

No mate thats fine mate nothing taken the wrong way there mate - i have nothing the hide i promise that was my first ever flying lap there. my first lap was cut short at 5mins in as i ran out of fuel and had to coast it back! my meter thing said 70miles so i thought i had enough. that was not the case.
                  I went with my best mate sunday morning after working al day saturday got to the tunnel at 1AM got to the ring at around 8.30 and was on the track around 10. first lap as i said was getting used to the car as that was my first ever track day (do a bit of karting but thats different) then ran out of fuel so had to coast back. so had to do it again! then just went for it on my second lap. me and my mate all the way there was trying to get his mobile to be steady in the window and managed it with my tom tom stand. which as you can see worked wonders. so yer thats my second ever lap on a track not just the ring. my mate then had a go in my car and did it in 10min45secs so fair play to him. then travelled back home again and was in 3am monday morning up for work.
                  would love to go with you guys just pm me when thinking of going.
                  many thanks

PS how long in the vid is that corner mate i dont know which one it is???

Comment

No mate thats fine mate nothing taken the wrong way there mate - i have nothing the hide i promise that was my first ever flying lap there. my first lap was cut short at 5mins in as i ran out of fuel and had to coast it back! my meter thing said 70miles so i thought i had enough. that was not the case.
                    I went with my best mate sunday morning after working al day saturday got to the tunnel at 1AM got to the ring at around 8.30 and was on the track around 10. first lap as i said was getting used to the car as that was my first ever track day (do a bit of karting but thats different) then ran out of fuel so had to coast back. so had to do it again! then just went for it on my second lap. me and my mate all the way there was trying to get his mobile to be steady in the window and managed it with my tom tom stand. which as you can see worked wonders. so yer thats my second ever lap on a track not just the ring. my mate then had a go in my car and did it in 10min45secs so fair play to him. then travelled back home again and was in 3am monday morning up for work.
                    would love to go with you guys just pm me when thinking of going.
                    many thanks

PS how long in the vid is that corner mate i dont know which one it is???
                    Well its some good driving, i think you should contact RSR and ask them for a job lol as a few more laps and you could be running close to them. Sorry i questioned it, i know what the drive is like, we just got back last week but had a poor time due to bad wether, 8 vxr's couldnt play lol.

I will be posting next years meet soon, so keep an eye out in track events section.
                    sigpic

Comment

sick driving mate...wonderfull!

Corsa OPC Arden // blacked roof // gm alarm // AFL OEM // armster // all led interior // carbon fiber alike difusor & fog surroundings & badges // insignia jets // forge subframe brace // team dynamics 1.2 gloss black 18" // Nurburgring Lip // KW V2

Comment

no dont worry mate didnt think it was all that great is nice to hear. yer if i miss it let me know as i am game
                        Thanks again

Comment

no dont worry mate didnt think it was all that great is nice to hear. yer if i miss it let me know as i am game
                          Thanks again
                          Will do
                          sigpic

Comment

Id say he is inexperienced at the ring, alot of on/off/on/off throttle as he hasnt learned the braking points for the car, missed a fair few apexs although some corners were very tidy.

Nice lap for a second attempt
                            sigpic

Comment

yer i hit 150 in some spots and was scared what was coming up in front to be honest. traction control did not help and the exit of some - just a few more laps mate and ill be there sorry. ps the camera was in the left of the car so the right corners look far from the apex but trust they were very close. thanks for comment thou luke

Comment

Working...
                              X