This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milltek Race Fitted

So today the VXR got its first real Mod. I treated her to a Full Stainless Milltek Race Exhaust from Thorney Motorsport in Milton Keynes. Had the option of the loud or quiet version - no one needs to ask which one i went for?!!

Sounds unreal!!

Pics:

Arrival at Thorney:

The workshop:

VXR on the ramps:

Old Exhaust:

And off:

New vs Old:

Nice!!:

New Exhaust on:

and a little vid, more to come:

Nice one, nice pictures! They do sound imense don't they

Comment

Cool pics Buddy, ..that sounds ACE!! Bet you're chuffed, I know I would be. x
      sigpic
      Was TV Mag Featured Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition 353, gone but not forgotten. Current car MY15 RR Evoque Dynamic SD4 Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Magnetic Ride, 20" Forged OEM Stormer Alloys, Fully Loaded xx

Comment

great stuff buddy.bet your well happy looks the muts nuts
        sigpic
        STAGE 3 BHP???
        FULL REMUS-RARB-DAP R's-The Best Percy's CDTI Air box Panal Filter, Highflow Tophat, Oil restictor bolt & Breather-8000k HID's-Hella Bi Xenon Headlights-Forge Re Circ Valve-Glenn Yale Bling-Baileys D/V-Arden Rocker Cover-Black Defuser-Tints-Wind Deflectors-Interior & Reg Xenon Bulbs-Pressed Privert Plate.......

Comment

Spot on Mark! Looks like you've embraced the Thorney experience! Way to go on the exhaust you will absolutely love it over the oem. Give the car time to learn it's got that thing underneath now and then go drive and enjoy!

Comment

Think you had the last one....!!!! I called them today as I want one, not in stock until the end of the month Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....
            ....................................sigpic.................................

..................... THEY JUST KEEP GETTING BETTER.!!.................

Comment

same as what Ive ordered last week was told it would be hear last Fri/Mon but still no joy looks like I'm going to be waiting till end of the month now buy the sounds of it

Comment

Originally posted by Abbo View Post
                Nice one, nice pictures! They do sound imense don't they
                Thanks mate, i love it!! Thought it may be a bit too loud but its all good! Not too loud at cruise either which i like and boy does it pop!!

Originally posted by PaulieMB View Post
                Cool pics Buddy, ..that sounds ACE!! Bet you're chuffed, I know I would be. x
                Thanks Paula! I do love it, the only thing stopping me from driving around all night is lack of petrol from the drive back

Originally posted by RichardVXR View Post
                great stuff buddy.bet your well happy looks the muts nuts
                I really am, lots of money but great on puts me well on the way to 300hp once i get the funds for intercooler and bluefin

Originally posted by napster View Post
                Spot on Mark! Looks like you've embraced the Thorney experience! Way to go on the exhaust you will absolutely love it over the oem. Give the car time to learn it's got that thing underneath now and then go drive and enjoy!
                Does the car adjust to it at all then, or do you mean just bedding the exhaust in (which gets louder)? I know its soo much better than OEM and feels much less restrictive

Originally posted by vxr.paul View Post
                Think you had the last one....!!!! I called them today as I want one, not in stock until the end of the month Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....
                Opppps!!! They seemed keen to sell me the quiet system so maybe it was the last one!! Sorry buddy, at least you will have been paid by then!

Comment

hmmm def looks like im waiting till the end of the month then

Comment

I paid my deposit on sat for the milltek loud. So shouldn't be long until it get shipped over. They dont look like a £1000 pounds worth lying on the ground. Just hope the sound makes up for it..

Comment

Nice one mate, goes with your diffuser also! I love the noise out of mine, I have the same as you the LOUD!

Comment

Originally posted by willia View Post
                        I paid my deposit on sat for the milltek loud. So shouldn't be long until it get shipped over. They dont look like a £1000 pounds worth lying on the ground. Just hope the sound makes up for it..
                        Yeah i know, its a painful moment handing over your card at the end! The drive back really did make it up though!!

Originally posted by VXRDean View Post
                        Nice one mate, goes with your diffuser also! I love the noise out of mine, I have the same as you the LOUD!
                        Hahahah its the ONLY way to go. John was like, are you sure you want to go for the Loud?........YES!!!

Comment

Great thread mate.

Thats my Arden astra in the bottom right hand corner of your first pic.

Also waiting for the thorney treatment.

Comment

Looks and sounds great mate,i just got the quieter one fitted last week and i love that.Maybe chance the centre box at some point tho if i get bored of it lol

Comment

Originally posted by rickvpw View Post
                              Great thread mate.

Thats my Arden astra in the bottom right hand corner of your first pic.

Also waiting for the thorney treatment.
                              Ohhhh had a wuick look, nice brakes btw!! What you having done? Looked like there was no exhaust on?

Originally posted by GaryMc View Post
                              Looks and sounds great mate,i just got the quieter one fitted last week and i love that.Maybe chance the centre box at some point tho if i get bored of it lol
                              Well thats what i thought, but apprantly they have changed the design so its the backbox that alters the sound and the centre pipe is the same.

Comment

Working...
                              X