This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astra GTC VXR Reviews

I'll add all the links to the reviews to this thread so people can find them without having to search, just simply click on the publication name

Autotrader

Parkers

Pistonheads

Evo Magazine - discussion thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...view-Astra-VXR

Topgear Magazine - discussion thread http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...erman-Roads%29

Car Magazine discussion thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-the-Astra-VXR

Autoexpress discussion thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...Express-Review

Autocar discussion thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...Autocar-review

Whatcar

Telegraph

Car Buyer

Motor Writer
    Last edited by IanJ; 27th July 2012, 03:56 PM.

Astra

Few added, please post others here as they crop up, ta

Astra

Comment

Little bit off topic but when you compare the auto car one with the what car totally different, just goes to show how subjective reviews are and all should be taken with a pinch of salt no matter who is reviewing it

Comment

Yeah exactly all so different!

Comment

EVO road test will be the one

Comment

Ur own jugdement will be the one
            sigpic

Arden Blue // Aero Pack // Blue Nappa leather Seats // Dual Zone Climate Control // Navi 600 // Rear Tints // Electric Folding Mirrors // Tire Pressure Monitoring System // Premium Lighting Pack // Rear Parking Sensors // Driving Assistance Pack

Comment

Seeing the car in white im now please with my colour choice. Some good review as well from most.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Well whatcar certainly didn't like it did they. That's the first bad review so far others say its a good car.

DEATH TO WHATCAR!!! Or is that too far?

Comment

Originally posted by vxrdave View Post
                  Seeing the car in white im now please with my colour choice. Some good review as well from most.
                  so agree m8 .looks really nice

Comment

every single review though i have seen gives the renaultsport megane 250/265 amazing reviews.Not a single bad one.As much as i love the look of the new vxr,it wont be as good as the megane.Simple as that.To beat renaultsport in the chassis/handling department is near impossible i am afraid!!!!!!Going for raw power/performance isnt enough although vauxhall have made great strides over the previous one.

Comment

Link to Evo one now added

Astra

Comment

Do we really want want it to be like the Renault?
                        I would easily sacrifice the last bit of chassis tweaking and things like plastic rear windows for a car that can keep me good company for 360 days a year.
                        We don't live on a track and at the end of the day if anyone wants to make it a track day car i am sure pretty soon the tuners will make it happen...
                        I know that i wouldn't sacrifice the cabin looks or the quality of the seats or the electric gizmos that make our everyday life a bit easier...
                        You can always strip these to race it, if you like...

Comment

Originally posted by soundofvoid View Post
                          Do we really want want it to be like the Renault?
                          I would easily sacrifice the last bit of chassis tweaking and things like plastic rear windows for a car that can keep me good company for 360 days a year.
                          We don't live on a track and at the end of the day if anyone wants to make it a track day car i am sure pretty soon the tuners will make it happen...
                          I know that i wouldn't sacrifice the cabin looks or the quality of the seats or the electric gizmos that make our everyday life a bit easier...
                          You can always strip these to race it, if you like...
                          agree

Comment

Taken from another site so not a Vauxhall owner but does make a good case for the car as an ownership package -

Originally posted by whitevancam
                            I have to admit I'm not a big Vauxhall fan, although I did have Mk2 GTE 16V 'Back in the day'.

The new one though is very tempting, not because I think it will be the best hot hatch, I would be very suprised if it handled like a Megane RS but because of the ownership prospects.

Vauxhall are offering 0% finance and their lifetime warranty on all models including VXR's.

280bhp hot hatch with limited slip diff, fancy front struts, 100,000 mile lifetime warranty and interest free credit, makes if much more desirable if you have to put your own hand in your pocket.

Oh and my last lap round the Ring, last year, as a passenger in a 996 Turbo with X50 kit and DMS Chip we were overtaken by one car ( the owner of the Porsche hadn't had anything come past him all weekend ) the car that overtook us.....

A Mk5 Astra GTE.......
                            Currently trying to find out if he meant MK5 VXR who did the 911 at the ring

Astra

Comment

he is spot on , the astra is the all round package ,where as the megane imo is not , interior still looks like a 1999 renault laguna , one of the reasons im part xin my rs is because the all round useness and the interior

Comment

Working...
                              X