X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will this void warranty

IMG_0357.jpgIMG_0368.jpg

That looks cracking.... Gives me an Idea....

West Midlands Northern Area R.A

Comment

No, you are just painting a plastic trim - has no affect on any parts on the car.

Comment

only if the cover breaks you will not get warrenty under that part

Comment

Thanks for that

Sorry about the title, I was only joking about the warranty, I just wanted to show off, I uploaded these photo's all on my own and it only took twenty minutes

I just need to highlight the turbo badge now
          Last edited by wardy; 11th September 2012, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wardy View Post
            Sorry about the title, I was only joking about the warranty, I just wanted to show off, I uploaded these photo's all on my own and it only took twenty minutes

I just need to highlight the turbo badge now
            Was it hard to do or was it a Pro Job..?

West Midlands Northern Area R.A

Comment

felt tip pen ftw

Comment

I did it myself, I usually paint the rocker cover on my cars, I whipped the cover off my mk1 VXR and painted it as soon as I got it home, and six years later it still looked as good as when I first did it

I just use Plastikote primer and super gloss red rattle cans rub down the surface with wet and dry, mask up, degrease, prime and 4 top coats. It looks a bit orange under the garage lights but in daylight its a very bright red, it makes lifting the bonnet a bit more of an event

Comment

Great job! Looks really nice!

Comment

I did it myself, I usually paint the rocker cover on my cars, I whipped the cover off my mk1 VXR and painted it as soon as I got it home, and six years later it still looked as good as when I first did it

I just use Plastikote primer and super gloss red rattle cans rub down the surface with wet and dry, mask up, degrease, prime and 4 top coats. It looks a bit orange under the garage lights but in daylight its a very bright red, it makes lifting the bonnet a bit more of an event

Just dont take the cover off now as that will crack all the paint when the plastic moves unter the pressure.
                    looks great tho.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

It will void it if the paint melts under heat drips onto something hotter and sets on fire, that might void the warranty

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

That looks a cracking job! It's also good to see someone doing the job PROPERLY! It's amazing how many people do a painting job without the primer coat. 4 top coats also good. Well done mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbid View Post
                          It will void it if the paint melts under heat drips onto something hotter and sets on fire, that might void the warranty
                          lol, well we can't have all the under bonnet fires restricted to the Insignia can we

Comment

lol, well we can't have all the under bonnet fires restricted to the Insignia can we
                            SHHH they dont self combust, its a myth lol

Top job on the engine over, brings a bit of life into the bay
                            sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

Originally posted by robertshephard View Post
                              That looks a cracking job! It's also good to see someone doing the job PROPERLY! It's amazing how many people do a painting job without the primer coat. 4 top coats also good. Well done mate.
                              Thanks for that I've used Plastikote paints for years without any trouble, so I expect it to last well but if owt changes i'll post up.

I thought I put this post on the members cars bit

Comment

Working...
                              X